Any employee of SocGen here(NY-NJ area)?

Hi all, I am interested in a business analyst (employee) position in the corporate and investment banking dept of SocGen…i was wondering if i could get a first hand information from any of its employees about the following: a. work culture b. pay scales/bonus c. mobility across the departments d. what employees generally feel about it e. relative job security and any other information that would give me a feel of how it would be at SocGen. I would really appreciate the information.

my friend works in Deriv Reconc. Says its very poltiical.

Thanks for the information…not so good to hear that they are political…are all depts the same? Any other inputs please…

its a bank of course there is politics. its a french bank so expect it to be worse. i work for a frnech bank in london, not this one. unless your in the clique, prepare to just eat rubbish.

politics always depends on the group u are in. its too subjective to say yes or no as to whether there is politics that cuts across the entire firm.

by the way, i saw your other thread on salary. my friend works in Reconciliations and makes 60k with 1 year experience.

pacmandefense Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > politics always depends on the group u are in. its > too subjective to say yes or no as to whether > there is politics that cuts across the entire > firm. actually, at a french bank- it’s political across the whole firm. no ifs ands or buts. wouldn’t have believed it before i started working at one.

exactly, as i said, if not your french and in their mafia then dont expect to be promoted. period!

i was there for a few years in the NY office. you guys all hit the nail on the head… longer hours, underpaid by Wall St. standards, all french culture (at least in equity derivatives), although vacation time was a good gig… and I got to learn french… :slight_smile: