Any LSE grads here?

anyone do the masters in finance/econ? Think this has a shot of getting in? I haven’t taken the GMAT, but assume 690-720. State University B.S. Economics GPA: 3.5 CFA Level I, Level II, Level III Candidate (June, 2009) EXPERIENCE: 8/07-Present XYZ Research New York, NY Equity Research Analyst  Covered companies in the industrial manufacturing space.  Built financial models, performed financial forecasting and equity valuations; analyzed and projected income statements, cash flows and balance sheets.  Interfaced extensively with company executives, investors, sales & trading and buy side clients.  Drafted, edited, and published company and industry research reports. 6/06-5/07 Bulg Bracket Bank New York, NY Commodities Controllers – Balance Sheet Group  Accountable for a daily population of 50,000 inter-desk trades with a market value of $15 billion.  Worked with credit traders to evaluate balance sheet counterparty exposure which was hedged through the credit desk. The process involved reporting and confirming exposures, as well as working with the credit desk’s CCDS model on a daily basis.  Summarized and reported CDS profit and loss on the commodity unit’s largest counterparties.  Worked to converge option valuation methodologies between risk systems by evaluating components of the Black –Scholes model.  Developed VBA application that saved group members over 25 hours per week; the product was a consolidated management report that summarized daily inter-desk profit and loss.

why you doing a masters. sounds like you got a good job now. what are you striving to do, be a PM? you could wrap up the CFA, bang out 1-2 more y @ JPM, then flock to the buy side.

Thinking of trying to transition to banking - and I don’t work at JPM. Anyone with a masters in finance or econ that can comment? Thanks

I went to LSE, though for a different program. For finance & econ you’ll probably get in. For economics probably not. Whether the LSE masters in finance & econ is worth your money and time given your background, that’s for you to decide.

Given what you know about the program, would you suggest it’s not worth it at this point? My aim is to get over to banking after and use the masters to get into a top MBA

jpm351 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Given what you know about the program, would you > suggest it’s not worth it at this point? > > My aim is to get over to banking after and use the > masters to get into a top MBA Dude a Msc at London Business School is far better than LSE…the latter is very valuable for a Msc in Economics. To do an Msc at LBS you need 2 years work experience and good reference…but it is the top in Europe.

Yes, a masters in finance from LBS would be a much better bet. Better still, just go directly for the MBA from LBS.