Any point doing the 2014/2015 Mock?

Did a couple of recent AM mocks (2012-2013).

Do you think I should also do the most recent one posted on the CFA exam (2014-15 mock) or review the material instead?

It doesn’t seem like the questions really repeat from year to year on the written exam.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Anyone?

More mocks or pure review now?

You’re debating on whether you should do an exam that is going to be the most representative of June6?

I would do them.

But if I were CFAI, I will not bring anything close to the mocks in the real exam. I would be sure that the candidates would practice those mocks and learn their topics. It would be like an implicit preliminary test. So for the real test, will cover different topics.

If this was not in their thinking, I hope it’s too late for them now to get some ideas from my post

It’s last year’s exam. Chances of seeing the same questions are slim, no?

I’d go for the last exam on Saturday. Even though it does not repeat, the concepts are important…and also I will be doing it for measuring the time as I struggle to finish it…but with good strategy I try to attempt the ones I know.

That mode of thinking is extremely flawed. Why even do any CFAI questions then? Mocks or EOCs? Chances are those questions you’ve seen won’t repeat on test day, so what’s the point?

Learn the material, and practice how CFAI asks questions about the material. Trying to game the exam will only get you another shot at passing this next year.

It’s a tricky question and everyone’s different. Without knowing the game, I’d attempt the ones I don’t know and leave the ones which I know. I am not concerned much about PM session. AM is giving me hard time. But it’s getting better now.

CFA Test 2015 Question 1A (3pts)

Identify , all else equal, would CFA candidate ABC’s chances of passing CFA LIII increase, decrease, or stay the same given CFA candidate XYZ decides to forgo doing CFA 2014 exam for practice? Justify your answer with one reason.

A) *Increase

-Despite the low chance of the CFAI repeating a question on the 2014 exam, XYZ’s chances of passing marginally decrease given the 2014 exam is one of the best learning tools, in terms of both learning the format and level of difficultly of the acutal exam in addition to the actual substance learned. This ultimately increases ABC’s chances of passing.

…Yes don’t take it. :wink:

#practicepracticepractice

I’ve done at least three most recent CFA exams, but not the last one.

Don’t mind doing it but that will take a whole day to do 1 full exam (AM+PM), and probably the same to review.

Tough one, but will decide tonight.

If it’s taking you all day to take an exam, then I’d say you definitely need the practice.

Why don’t you get balance fund and divide your day into two parts one for practi Cingular and one for reviewing. Both are important. I keep forgetting lot of stuff or I might recall them but need time. So best is doing both. One week for Freedom. Can’t wait.

Lol, when I say 1 day to do an exam, I mean 3 hours for AM, 3 for PM, and I’m usually exhausted by 5pm… I try to simulate the real exam.

I think I will do what kjsgbp suggested. Do an AM mock early in the morning and then review all day. Then finish the PM section next morning and review.

Shouldn’t take you all day to to review one half of the exam. You should be writing the full exam in one day and reviewing it same day. If you’re exhausted by 5pm, just keep this in mind: “Dear (your name), I sincerely regret to inform you that you did not pass the 2015 CFA Level 3 Exam.”

My study structure has been like this:

Start writing AM by 9/10am. Take a 20 minute break for lunch. Write PM. Drive home from library. Review AM section (~1hr). Eat dinner. Review PM section. Watch a little TV then go to bed. Next day I review the tougher questions on the exam and anything that comes to mind that I have troubles with.

Good point pal.

The thing with me is that I tend to deviate from the exam and start reading the book to better understand the topic that came up on the mock, which is good and bad at the same time.

Going to limit my reading from now on.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

quote=kjames05]

Shouldn’t take you all day to to review one half of the exam. You should be writing the full exam in one day and reviewing it same day. If you’re exhausted by 5pm, just keep this in mind: “Dear (your name), I sincerely regret to inform you that you did not pass the 2015 CFA Level 3 Exam.”

My study structure has been like this:

Start writing AM by 9/10am. Take a 20 minute break for lunch. Write PM. Drive home from library. Review AM section (~1hr). Eat dinner. Review PM section. Watch a little TV then go to bed. Next day I review the tougher questions on the exam and anything that comes to mind that I have troubles with.

[/quote]

If it helps, for questions you get wrong and/or had a lot of trouble with, write a note down on the subject/reading so you can go over the following day. Then when you feel like you have a good handle of the process, go back and rewrite the same question from the exam