Any thoughts on this?

I have two weeks of study leave which I plan to take just before the exam. There is no doubt that I will have a ton of work still to do. I am considering whether to book a vacation at this time, to a really nice hotel IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE in a hot country (say, 6-7 hours “door-to-door” travelling time max). The idea is that I would be waited on (all meals) and could basically divide my 16-18 waking hours between complete relaxation (say, 6 hrs including meals) and revising CFA (10-12 hours). Don’t even bother showering, getting dressed, etc. The time travelling would arguably not be too important (I would plan to use airmiles to upgrade to business class and work on the way). I think it could work quite well, but wonder if I am fooling (or trying to fool) myself into believing that it is so. Has anyone tried this sort of thing? I feel like it is either bold/genius or insanity.

I had a buddy who did just that in Hawaii, it seemed to work for him. Personally I don’t think I would be disciplined enough to stick to the books when there is hot a$$ running around in bikinis and drinks to be had every where you turn. But to each their own. What can I say im weak…If you have the discipline though it may just work.

Don’t take this personally, but that’s the craziest study idea I’ve ever heard. Take a vacation in your basement, unplug the TV/computer, order food in every day, and send your wife/kids to the inlaws. Way cheaper, way more productive, and you still don’t have to shower and get dressed. But sadly, no hot a$$.

TooOld4This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t take this personally, but that’s the > craziest study idea I’ve ever heard. Take a > vacation in your basement, unplug the TV/computer, > order food in every day, and send your wife/kids > to the inlaws. > > Way cheaper, way more productive, and you still > don’t have to shower and get dressed. But sadly, > no hot a$$ I think I know for sure what side of the fence you are on, but I should perhaps have added that I live with two of my closest friends in a fairly small apartment. My office does not have enough empty rooms. My parents’ is unbelievably noisy (young nephew / niece often around, uncooperative sister still at home). I am not by any means suggesting that I am out of options!.. but that was my starting point for thinking about this… I guess you are advocating a local library as a much more sensible option. And you probably have a point.

too much testosterone on these boards… gotta love boys, always brighten my day with how weak they are when it comes to ‘hot a$$’ Etienne, what’s the point of this getaway exactly? To study or to relax? not trying to be mean, but there’s a chance you might not accomplish either. JMO. TooOld has a point, buckle down for this (go to the library or whatever works) and treat yourself to a nice vacation once it’s over. It’s gonna feel much better that way anyway.

lola Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > too much testosterone on these boards… gotta > love boys, always brighten my day with how weak > they are when it comes to ‘hot a$$’ > my point was simply that such a trip could provide more distractions than it does benefits… Personally I think it would be tough to choose your CFA textbook over a Corona and the beach (regardless of how much testosterone a person does or doesn’t have)

Appreciate the comments… I’m definitely starting to question my own motives. Since it was everyone’s first thought, perhaps hot a$$ really is the subconscious driver to all this. I’m just sooooo deprived right now…

Dubs, not a burn at all, just havin fun with this :slight_smile: Ditto on the Corona (and the distractions on the beach for that matter). I know what you’re saying.

TheDubs is inappropriate. haha

huh

All fun aside, original idea not a bad one. Just go to a non hot a place, chill in room, meals in, no distractions - if you are disciplined, works well. Actually did something similar for L2, though it was only the holiday weekend before the test - was working out of town and stayed out of town that weekend to study instead of returning home - very productive. Of course, need more than a weekend for L3.

It’s a good idea. Just don’t leave the hotel room too much.

it’s a joke. it’s a conan o’brien skit. http://youtube.com/watch?v=zPVvbDaX4c0

lol… that is too funny! INAPPROPRIATE!

I didnt think Dubs was inappropriate but ok haha, funny joke :slight_smile: