Any weird exam issues (i.e violations, anything worth noting)

It looked like a guy in Milwaukee got tossed for cheating. The proctor quietly went up to him and and ruffled through his papers. The end result was the proctor taking all of his materials and the person left the room.

NY at the Sheraton- the people had no idea what they were doing. They directed me to the third floor, where i was then directed to the 2nd floor. Then they had a room designated for bags that they were telling everyone to go to. The room had a security guard at the door saying that no bags were allowed, and that people had to put the bags in the hallway outside of the room. After the hallway was filled with bags, the woman in charge flipped out because they should’ve been in the room. it was a cluster-f

LICandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > NY at the Sheraton- the people had no idea what > they were doing. They directed me to the third > floor, where i was then directed to the 2nd floor. > Then they had a room designated for bags that they > were telling everyone to go to. The room had a > security guard at the door saying that no bags > were allowed, and that people had to put the bags > in the hallway outside of the room. After the > hallway was filled with bags, the woman in charge > flipped out because they should’ve been in the > room. it was a cluster-f Don’t forget the ridiculous bottle neck of people trying to get their bags from the room at lunch. I was lucky to be writing in the room next to the belongings room so was one of the first to get my stuff but must have taken 10-15 minutes for me to just walk through everyone who was trying to get in. I imagine it must have taken people half the lunch break just to get in and out of there. I don’t know how it was post exam because I split early but that was absurdly poorly planned.

1. girl in front of me got written up 2. stupid soccer game in TOR whole afternoon exam was music, cheering, and loudspeaker announcers it was ridiculous

Some one in london came in with a pillow!

colina_arenosa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Don’t forget the ridiculous bottle neck of people > trying to get their bags from the room at lunch. I > was lucky to be writing in the room next to the > belongings room so was one of the first to get my > stuff but must have taken 10-15 minutes for me to > just walk through everyone who was trying to get > in. I imagine it must have taken people half the > lunch break just to get in and out of there. I > don’t know how it was post exam because I split > early but that was absurdly poorly planned. I was in that room too! it was still terrible getting out for the morning session. that was a big factor in helping me to decide to leave early for the PM

Same guy that sat next to me at Level II also sat next to me on Sat (out of several hundred L III canditates). Hope it means we both passed!

I hope the guy next to me didn’t get written up. He kept on writing after time was called in the AM and I wanted to reach across the desk and take away his pen and yell at him - but I am pretty sure I would have been cited. He was a nice dude too. So I hope he didn’t get written up.

They handed out Level II books for the second half of our exam - fortunately someone caught it before all of the directions had been read. It gave us all a good laugh and we were pretty happy to return them. Although, in retrospect, I think I would have prefered to keep that Level II book! I miss financial statement analysis.

Post_It Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Some one in london came in with a pillow! Was that the pregnant lady who had the procter following her around carrying her pillow, blanket and back brace? I thought the London exam itself went smoothly, but transportation was a nightmare. The driver they hired to man our DLR replacement bus got lost trying to get out of Canary Wharf. When he finally figured it out we found ourselves stuck in a traffic jam for 20 minutes, until he got in a pissing contest with another driver at the first roundabout and ended up plowing the bus into the side of his car. Everyone stuck around for a few minutes while they exchanged information, insults, etc, but eventually we realized it was going to take way longer than we could afford to wait, so we all ended up walking and/or hitching rides.

kerbear Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I miss financial statement analysis. So you’ve been drinking huh.

FastEd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It looked like a guy in Milwaukee got tossed for > cheating. The proctor quietly went up to him and > and ruffled through his papers. The end result > was the proctor taking all of his materials and > the person left the room. Really? I totally missed that… AM or PM?

Guy next to me in Pittsburgh wrote past the “pencils down” warning on the AM. I just can’t understand why you would take the chance and not just immediately drop your pencil at that point.

In boston, in my section, a guy’s cell phone started ringing near the end of the PM session…everyone in the section turned and looked at the guy in near unison and shock! Amazingly, the kid silenced the phone and not a single proctor heard it!

ebiegs327 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In boston, in my section, a guy’s cell phone > started ringing near the end of the PM > session…everyone in the section turned and > looked at the guy in near unison and shock! > Amazingly, the kid silenced the phone and not a > single proctor heard it! Outstanding!

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FastEd Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > It looked like a guy in Milwaukee got tossed > for > > cheating. The proctor quietly went up to him > and > > and ruffled through his papers. The end result > > was the proctor taking all of his materials and > > the person left the room. > > > Really? I totally missed that… AM or PM? It was in the PM. I think I was in room 231? It looked like there were 2 rooms for L3 this year in MKE. I suppose that could have also been someone just giving up but there was too much conversation from the proctor and the candidate didn’t seem to respond favorably.

mentioned it in another thread, but a dude showed uo to take level 1 wearing a 3-piece suit in Dallas. I did a triple take when I saw him. On top of the obvious toolishness, it was 95 outside.

In 2006, I took L3. My friend was seated a few rows behind me. After the test we were chatting and she told me a scary story. For some reason, during the AM session, she wrote a few word to review on the back of her exam ticket. When she was sitting for the PM session, a proctor noticed the few words. Around 5 proctors surrounded her during the test. In July, she received a letter stating that she was being investigated. Then she got another letter than she was found not guilty. In August, she passed and has a CFA charter. I was absolutely shocked that she would write words on her exam ticket. How were these proctors to know if she was cheating or not? Most of the proctors don’t make any money. They aren’t paid to think, just to act if they see any violations. Anyway, I am happy for my friend, yet I still can’t believe she did this.

also in Milwaukee-- In my room they handed out L2 exams in the afternoon. the proctor made a joke about how maybe we should keep them because she thought it would be an easier test. not-so-much! she gathered the L2 exams left and came back 10 minutes later with the L3 exams. surprisingly we started on time. and i think there were more than 2 rooms for L3 in Milwaukee. FastEd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McLeod81 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > FastEd Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > It looked like a guy in Milwaukee got tossed > > for > > > cheating. The proctor quietly went up to him > > and > > > and ruffled through his papers. The end > result > > > was the proctor taking all of his materials > and > > > the person left the room. > > > > > > Really? I totally missed that… AM or PM? > > > It was in the PM. I think I was in room 231? It > looked like there were 2 rooms for L3 this year in > MKE. > > I suppose that could have also been someone just > giving up but there was too much conversation from > the proctor and the candidate didn’t seem to > respond favorably.

pica_39 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > also in Milwaukee-- In my room they handed out L2 > exams in the afternoon. the proctor made a joke > about how maybe we should keep them because she > thought it would be an easier test. not-so-much! > she gathered the L2 exams left and came back 10 > minutes later with the L3 exams. surprisingly we > started on time. > You must have been in a different room. I was in S241 and didn’t see that. It is possible that I was so focused on the exam that I was completely oblivious to the outside word… Were you guys there last year when they had to stop the exam for a several minutes due to tornados?