Anybody from Philadelphia area

I am planning to join the local Philadelphia society. Just wanted to check in… I heard that the society will be a good location where they can hook me up with CFA members to sponsor me, as I do not know anybody that have CFA designation and I need atleast one sponsor with CFA designation

I’m from Philly and so is NG30, are you an LIII candidate or did you just pass LIII?

LIII candidate… Just passed L II Black Swan, are you a member of CFA society of Philadelphia?

LIII candidate myself. I joined the Philly society this past June and have attended one of the networking happy hours. A decent amount of people showed up and it was a good time. I believe they are having another one in September at Tir Na Nog. I have not been to any of the other events yet but I was planning on going to some in the future.

I want to become member of the phila society, but one of the requirement they have is “Submit sponsor forms from two Regular CFAP members in good standing. These sponsors do not have to have their CFA® designation nor must they work for different firms.” I do not know 2 regular CFAP members…What should I do?

Don’t you also need at least 1 year of relevent experience?

I have about 2 yrs of relevant exp… I work in structured finance

Im am possibly moving from Boston to Philly. I was wondering what local people think of the job market in the city? I have seen jobs for boutique firms in philly suburbs and of course SEI and SIG, but would like live in the city.

I’m a soon-to-be LIII candidate moving down to Philly next week for a new job in fixed income research. I’m also planning on joining the local society soon after the move. I only have a year of work experience, so looking at the requirements I believe I am eligible for Affiliate Membership. SunDevil, you’re correct on an upcoming Happy Hour event: http://www.cfaphil.org/eventdetail.aspx?id=95 - Tuesday, September 16.

I live outside of Philly and should get my charter in a few months, at which point I would be glad to sponsor anyone.

all you l3 candidates from phil can email me at q.benjamin@gmail.com if you want to set up a study group for later.

Sign me up. I’m from Philly as well - LIII Candidate

Philly baby! Soon to be LIII candidate here.

I live outside of philly too… I called CFAP and they referred me to someone who can help me with finding sponsors. Once I find sponsors. I should be able to join the society.

Black Swan, I will be interested to join the study group… I will send you an email. Do you live in center city or outskirts? I live about 30 min North of Philly

What did Vai Sikahema say after knocking Conseco the F*** out… “He came out here first class and is flying home coach. That’s how we roll on Philly” Hell yeah, send the CFAI packing back to VA once im done with LIII.

Hey All, another Philly L3 candidate here…just passed L2. Haven’t joined the society, but if they are going to hold a night at Tir Na Nog, I’m down. We should all keep in touch during our L3 prep… Here’s my email: CraigK83@gmail.com hausm49008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Im am possibly moving from Boston to Philly. I > was wondering what local people think of the job > market in the city? I have seen jobs for boutique > firms in philly suburbs and of course SEI and SIG, > but would like live in the city. Hey Hausm, SEI is out there a ways…but I live in center city, and worked at SIG for a while…ten minute bus ride. Market is not bad. There’s room for smart people.

cardshark email me, i’m putting the group together, i need name, phone, location in philly

Black Swan, I have send you an email. We all should send Black Swan email with our name, phone and location. It would be great keeping in touch with all the level III takers…