Anybody here in M&A?

To OP why do you want to do M&A?

At my firm, we’ve been doing a fair amount of M&A these days in terms of add-on acquisitions. We haven’t done too many new platform acquisitions, mainly because either the companies that have been pitched have been pretty average or uninspiring, or because valuations have been too high. Basically, compared to half a year ago, there aren’t too many good companies that are selling themselves to financial sponsors, and the few that are actually any good have been going for pretty high premiums. It’s been a bit easier on the add-on side ,though.

myzegna Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To OP > why do you want to do M&A? Well myzegna it kind of came about by accident but if you were to break M&A up into its constituent parts then you will find most of them on my CV, but not M&A itself. I have done a lot of pre and post deal strategy work at my previous job, as well diligence / sustainability work. Currently I focus on valuations, business plans and some private equity work. So for instance, at the moment I have 5 valuations brewing and an MBO. Thing is though, they are all very small by international standards and I want to do a lot more, which is why I did an MBA (just completed) and have decided to go for CFA. To really progress though I have to move. I currently live in Cape Town (South Africa) but will be relocating to London on an HSMP visa in August. So after all that explaining, to answer your question, I am trying to get some networking going before I move to London.

job market is quite quiet at the moment in London from what I hear. People are not really hiring at the moment… but hopefully this slowdown will turn around soon in the next few months… could be wrong though. anyone has a better read of the situation in London now?

That is so funny. I have been checking out the opportunities on job sites, and yes it does seem somewhat reduced, but compared to South Africa the UK market is positively vibrant. (Practicing being a pom by using words like positively and indubitably) The only thing that really concerned me a bit on that front is that most of the positions I found were higher level opportunities, often requiring 7 years or more experience. Any how, thanks for the feedback.