Anybody want to find a job in Shanghai?

I am the head of investment department in a leading retailing company in Shanghai, fed up with headhunters. Any body interested please drop me an email at jimliuqin@gmail.com and I will send the job description.

What sort of job?

Are you required to be fluent in Mandarin? Can you post at least a title for the position?

Title is senior financial analyst. Just to clarify the recruitment is focused on mandarin speaker who is currently in Shanghai. Job Description is already sent to those who emailed me.

I don’t speak Mandarin and I’m not looking for a job. I’ll be in SHanghai next month from Nov. 30 until Dec. 10. Where should I eat? What should I do?

I had an awesome job coming out of school as “economist” for a Canadian sponsored firm going to China to do economic analysis and generating reports. My parents refused to let me go. I"ll never forgive them for that.

I’m no detective but I did observe a few things from your post… 1. “coming out of school” - I’ll take that to mean you graduated 2. “my parents refused to let me go” You were still under your parents control after undergrad?

yes to both. and still under their control. i don’t have the financial power to move out. and that job wasn’t an ibanking gig where i can just jump on and move out. i’ll hold it against them forever!!!

Wait, so the reason that your parents had control over you was that you wanted them to subsidize you while in China? Huh?

there is no good reason for it. bottom line is, they didn’t want me to go.

Frank, You have a job… Why can’t you move out? Get a $500 apartment and the chics will follow. I promise.

Any jobs for english speaking non Shanghi resident?

i make 40k base. its not affordable unless i move into the projects. i don’t think i can safely move out until i get at least 60k and even then i’m pushing it. i think you have me confused with an ibanker. i have only stated that I wanted to be one, not that I am.

you get paid in CAD?

Frank, What’s your take-home and what city do you live in?

i would say around 43k with bonus and overtime. i live in Toronto. trust me, you can barely get a place in the projects with my salary. if i lived on my own, i would have to sell crack or extort small businesses.

FrankArabia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i would say around 43k with bonus and overtime. > > i live in Toronto. trust me, you can barely get a > place in the projects with my salary. if i lived > on my own, i would have to sell crack or extort > small businesses. Hey Frank, is 43K gross or net of taxes ? How much tax do you pay in Toronto ? Thanks man

Frank… your standards are too high. I made less than that when I finished school and lived on my onw. I haven’t lived with my parents or accepted money from them since high school. I am from Toronto by the way.

yeah Frank. I’ve seen apts in T.O. for like 600 or 700 a month, 1000 at most when I was scanning.

To Frank’s defence, not that anyone is really attacking him, place in T.O. are not $1K at most per month. If you want to live in a hole, with a 30-60 min commute to work then you could probably find a bachelor for $700/mnth in a questionable building. I would say $1000/mnth is more like the floor if your looking for 1 bdrm place in Toronto. You’ll be living in a 1960 Greenwin building for that price range. The best way to make it work is to find a room mate you can tollerate and you can have a nice place at a fraction of the cost.