Anyone awaiting NYSSA approval to get Charter?

If I log into the site and click on “check application status” it still says I am awaiting NYSSA approval. However, once the 45 day countdown hit zero I got an email from CFAI letting me know I could activate my membership (read: pay my dues), which I did. Once I did that my CFAI membership was updated to “Regular, Active” and my profile in the directory reads anc417, CFA. Coincidentally, I got the official email from CFAI this afternoon confirming that I have been awarded the charter. So no need for NYSSA approval, just the expiration of the 45 day window I guess. Not sure why they make you wait 45 days for something you don’t even need, but oh well.

anc417, So basically in 13 more days I’ll have my charter… I’m presently an MBA student and need to get my resume out (would rather have those shiney 3 letteres after my name, instead of saying passed all 3 levels) oh well the B******ds - NYSSA why don’t you just apporve me already just sent them an email

I’m sure if you called and asked who to make the check out to they’d be happy to oblige. Of course, they didn’t return my call but maybe you can catch a live person there.

anc417 I already paid NYSSA ($300). I sent an email and they sent me a form to pay them, did that about a 15 days ago,

got this email: Thank you for your email. It seems as though as we have been problems with the CFA website. When we tried to approve your membership approval for some reason it did not save on the CFA’s website. I have changed your status and you should have a confirmation email in your inbox about approval to NYSSA. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you need further assistance, please feel liberated to contact me at your leisure. still unable to activate my membership though…

Finally received notice that I was awarded the charter. Now I’m mzwerner, CFA :slight_smile: mzwerner Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > got this email: > > Thank you for your email. > > > > It seems as though as we have been problems with > the CFA website. When we tried to approve your > membership approval for some reason it did not > save on the CFA’s website. I have changed your > status and you should have a confirmation email in > your inbox about approval to NYSSA. We apologize > for the inconvenience. If you need further > assistance, please feel liberated to contact me at > your leisure. > > still unable to activate my membership > though…

mzwerner, I think that CFAI had some IT issues. My society application was approved on Tuesday, but the approval did not trigger my CFAI regular membership. I called CFAI this morning, and they straightened it out fairly quickly. echason, CFA

Echason, Thats what I heard as well… Congrats on becoming a charter holder mzwerner, CFA (I like the way this looks) echason Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mzwerner, I think that CFAI had some IT issues. My > society application was approved on Tuesday, but > the approval did not trigger my CFAI regular > membership. I called CFAI this morning, and they > straightened it out fairly quickly. > > echason, CFA

Now day 18…

Got mine awarded last Friday. I feel like a little kid with a new toy when ordering new business cards and updating e-mail signature!

crablegs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got mine awarded last Friday. I feel like a little > kid with a new toy when ordering new business > cards and updating e-mail signature! congrats crablegs, I felt the same way now waiting for business cards

27 days down, 18 more to go for me. C’mon LA society! Hurry up! When I’m accepted, it’ll probably be the most excited I’ll ever be to pay $400 or so in dues.

Finally got a response to an e-mail from last week asking for a status update. Apparently I was approved on September 21 and they were just waiting for payment of their invoice! Apparently this was sent to me on September 21 although I never received it. Also, wtf is with the $100 application fee!

mzwerner… Did you inquire at NYSSA to the general membership email address?? They told me my app was going to be reviewed at month-end … CFAI approved my work experience on Sept 25, but still nothing from NYSSA. I agree it seems silly to have to wait 45 days if I don’t even need NYSSA. CFAI approved so why not just declare me a charterholder?

To all those who have paid, what’s the tab to get the piece of paper? Do we have to pay the annual amount even tough we were not granted the charter for the entire one year period?

Jobsearch08, you pay the full dues to take you through June 30, 2010.

Thanks echason. This is a rip off. Most of you might have felt the same. can’t do much tough echason Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Jobsearch08, you pay the full dues to take you > through June 30, 2010.

I called today and spoke to a real live person at NYSSA. Kelly was very helpful and she said that there may have been confusion due to my original membership application (affiliate) and upgrade application (with revised work description) coming in with days of each other. So she tells me that approved the full membership right then and there with me on the phone and sure enough, within minutes, I have three letters after my name in the online directory and an email from CFAI telling me I’m a regular member! This makes me happier than I can tell you. plyon, CFA

I have now paid both the NYSSA and the CFAI. I actually got to “activate” my membership on the website. I think this means I am almost at the finish line!, right?

I just spoke to Kelly (who was very nice) at NYSSA… Come to find out they “forgot” to email me an invoice after a “mail-merger” issue. After waiting 45 days to get approved by NYSSA and my “Days Remaining” hitting 0, I finally called. I am appalled by this excuse. After 3 years of hardship studying for the CFA, having the NYSSA forget to send me an invoice is maddening.