Anyone doing the Schweser 3-day review in NYC this weekend?

I’m thinking of signing up. Does anyone have an opinion about the instructor O. Nathan Ronen? T/G

I took a 3 day course in Boston and I’m not sure I’d do it again. They skip over a lot of material and they don’t have time for questions or clarifications. I did walk away with some good tips from the instructor, but I’d say only about 1/3 of the time was it worth being there.

Thanks for the info Sponge Bob. Was the course taught as if the students already had a good base or as if they were just going to learn the basics? It’s more about a good use of my time at this point than the cost. T/G

You had to have a base of knowledge to get any benefit from the course, imo (regardless of the price). Perhaps if it had been 6-8 weeks ago it would be different, but I think you’re better off taking the 24 hours of class time and spend them doing end of chapter problems. I’d be interested to hear if others who attended a 3 day felt this way.

T/G, I feel ya… posted a similar discussion earlier this morning. dinesh seemed to think it would be a good use of time, but she took the one in Toronto (late April). With four weeks out and only three more weekends, its a tough call.

Hey clipper, I saw your post. It seems like the instructor makes a huge difference in the experience; the only thing I’ve found about him is this post though: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,658401 T/G

Yeah, I found a string earlier on the Windsor program that says Andrew Holmes is “cfa god.” I really do hope that’s true, because I may need some divine intervention to pass this thing on June 7th. SpongeBob - who did you have in Boston?

> dinesh seemed to think it > would be a good use of time, but she took the one > in Toronto (late April). > This clearly indicates that I am eligible to post in that thread --> “Who are the female posters” clipper1 - jokes aside, I have never taken any of Schweser/Stalla classes. All I know is Andrew is a good instructor and you will learn something from him.

clipper1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > T/G, I feel ya… posted a similar discussion > earlier this morning. dinesh seemed to think it > would be a good use of time, but she took the one > in Toronto (late April). > > With four weeks out and only three more weekends, > its a tough call. I think that was me…I took it in Toronto in late april :smiley:

LOL! My brain is scrambled… My brain can’t even keep these threads separate and distinct anymore.

clipper1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, I found a string earlier on the Windsor > program that says Andrew Holmes is “cfa god.” I > really do hope that’s true, because I may need > some divine intervention to pass this thing on > June 7th. > > SpongeBob - who did you have in Boston? Susan Lakatos (sp?). She was good in heavy quant topics like SS 3 & part of 4, but you might as well took a nap during SS 5-12. She did OK on 12-15 and then slowed down for 16-18. Just think about the math of it…18 study sessions and 24 hours of class time. They skip over SS 1&2 completely so that leaves you to divide 24 hours by 16 topics…an average of 1.5 hours per study sessions. Of course the actual amount of time spent will vary, but you can understand why I say you need a good base to get much out of it this close to the exam.

Agree absolutely 100%. I did the 3 day course for level I and I would have been better served studying the material on my own. Main benefit I can see is if you know everything it will help you feel more confident. Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You had to have a base of knowledge to get any > benefit from the course, imo (regardless of the > price). Perhaps if it had been 6-8 weeks ago it > would be different, but I think you’re better off > taking the 24 hours of class time and spend them > doing end of chapter problems. > > I’d be interested to hear if others who attended a > 3 day felt this way.

I would absolutely say yes. I recommend him. 1000% I’m a level II candidate and we have spoken on the phone numerous times and he really personally wants his students to pass. Invest the $. Well worth it. Save your self some ball kicking in the nuts.