Anyone else 3 years burnt out?

tibwa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I am putting everything together now. I am > about to start a sprint to the finish line. No > body will stop me and no body can. I am in it and > I am in it for good. This is it! I just got chills.

Same boat. Haven’t looked at books for a week, averaging about 70% in QBank vs 85-90% at previous levels. I think I’m going to have to take a bit of time off and get this done - I don’t want to have to come back next year. Indeed I’m not sure I would…

same boat. Started in 2007, but the way I feel it might as well have been 2003. Im averaging 70% in Qbank too, chrismaths, and I was in the same range for the other 2 levels. There are a lot more BS questions in the L3 bank, IMO.

eye on the prize folks. its been a long journey for all of us, and the finish line is just a hair under 3 weeks away. my scores are about the same as last year, so i hope that bodes well for the exam. all schweser book 1 exams done, now time to move to CFAI for the final few weeks. let’s do this! K-Rock ps. i too think the pass rate for L3 will be a touch higher this year. my guess is 55%. market conditions don’t effect L3 candidates in my view

i’m definitely burned out, this three day weekend (in Canada) has turned into the study marathon i hoped it would be but as a result just feeling so tired and still a bit feverish since last week…booooo :frowning:

I feel the burnout. I am at the tail end of Chartered Accountant (CA) and CFA back to back. That said, I have really draggged my ass this study season, but kicked it into high gear this past weekend. I read the first three books Jan - May and have almost been through the last two in a weekend. Taking the next 2 weeks+ off work to live and breathe L3 (with an option for one additional week which I will exercise if I don’t feel ready). Hopefully it’s enough. Good luck all.

failed 1 and 2 one time each. This yr fairly ahead in my studies, been reviewing since mid april, but so many concepts arent sticking. As others have said, l3 seems allot harder. for me all levels were very hard, and I really do put in the hours. Study pretty much 6 days a week (fridays off), but have been on 7 days schedule since 3rd week of April. The way I see it, if I fail, and I really hope I dont, its a ‘good fail’ if that makes any sense as I really gave it my 110%. At least I wont feel guily about skipping study days to party and stuff. anyhow, back to studying, us Canadians have a day off today, and I came to the office to study as all the libraires are closed, and cant study at home. Good luck all, this is the final strech, give it your last push, it will be worth it!!!

yeah, starting to really feel it. and level 3 seems much, much tougher than level 2 (but certainly the recency effect somewhat)… anyway, let’s just pound it… most people i run into randomly seem woefully underprepared. don’t forget people on here are pretty keen.

I’m with you guys. Except for cfafrank, he’s a homo.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m with you guys. Except for cfafrank, he’s a > homo. +900 and AGREED.

sbmfj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > failed 1 and 2 one time each. This yr fairly ahead > in my studies, been reviewing since mid april, but > so many concepts arent sticking. As others have > said, l3 seems allot harder. for me all levels > were very hard, and I really do put in the hours. > Study pretty much 6 days a week (fridays off), but > have been on 7 days schedule since 3rd week of > April. The way I see it, if I fail, and I really > hope I dont, its a ‘good fail’ if that makes any > sense as I really gave it my 110%. At least I wont > feel guily about skipping study days to party and > stuff. anyhow, back to studying, us Canadians have > a day off today, and I came to the office to study > as all the libraires are closed, and cant study at > home. Good luck all, this is the final strech, > give it your last push, it will be worth it!!! What did you do differently in passing L2 in next go?

This will be my fourth and I’m definately feeling it. Passed L1 and L2 first try only to flub L3 last year. I thought L3 was supposed to be the “easy one”. I think it is the subjective nature of a lot of the material that gets us. I definately hear you on the “life events”. I’m thinking that my wife should get a CFA wife designation cause she deserves some type of recongnition for all the Bs she has had to put up with for the past 3 years. 3 kids and she has basically been a single mom from Feb to June for the past 3 years. Hope I’m still married after all of this and that its is worth it. Sometimes I wonder.

Sailaway, I agree. It seems like we should get a charter w/ honors for staying married through this whole process. That or start a wives of charters catastrophe fund.

Supposedly, there was someone at Windsor who too 5 times for LII and this was his 5th go at LIII.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Supposedly, there was someone at Windsor who too 5 > times for LII and this was his 5th go at LIII. THat is some depressing sh*t news right there. I have been in this thing for a while BUT not that long. Dude go away, this is the year. This is it.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sbmfj Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > failed 1 and 2 one time each. This yr fairly > ahead > > in my studies, been reviewing since mid april, > but > > so many concepts arent sticking. As others have > > said, l3 seems allot harder. for me all levels > > were very hard, and I really do put in the > hours. > > Study pretty much 6 days a week (fridays off), > but > > have been on 7 days schedule since 3rd week of > > April. The way I see it, if I fail, and I > really > > hope I dont, its a ‘good fail’ if that makes > any > > sense as I really gave it my 110%. At least I > wont > > feel guily about skipping study days to party > and > > stuff. anyhow, back to studying, us Canadians > have > > a day off today, and I came to the office to > study > > as all the libraires are closed, and cant study > at > > home. Good luck all, this is the final strech, > > give it your last push, it will be worth it!!! > > > What did you do differently in passing L2 in next > go? not really much. studied my a s s off, and i guess thwey asked stuff I was more familiar with. 2nd time around, allot of the concepts made much more sense.

Im a 4th year also; failed L2 the first time. I *really* didn’t, and don’t, want to fail L3 this year so I started reading at the beginning of the year in hopes of covering the material quite thoroughly by the time the test rolled around. But here we are and the test has rolled around and I don’t know that I’m any more prepared and I dont know that I have any greater chance of passing the exam than I had in any other scenario. That said, Im entirely burnt out and I pray, pray, pray that I pass L3 the first time because I honestly dont know that I have another go around in me. Im 31 now.

totally burnt…wife hates me…golf game has gone to sh*t…daughter doesn’t know me…baby coming in a month. I have to pass this one. If someone asks you today if they should sign up for it; what would you say? ha-ha.

“If someone asks you today if they should sign up for it; what would you say? ha-ha” I dont even know what I would say.

Been in this since late 2006…does feel like a decade…failed L2 once…and the feeling sucks… so I CANNOT / WILL NOT do this again…hence… I hereby start the pledge… I, mumukada, will pass the Level III examination of the CFA program on June 6th, 2009… now who’s with me??