Anyone else feel confident walking out?

^maybe you should change your username to 500hoursoverand…

everyone keeps talking about the PM section being really qualitative/conceptual and having tons of tricks. this scares me becuse i found the PM section to be pretty…easy. Since I was not able to memorize al the formulas, I natrually would do better on qualitative and conceptual questions then the quantitative number crunch-y ones.

BTW, not having the formulas memorized is my own fault, there were at least 5-6 on the AM section that I recognized as plug and chug, i knew exactly what they were asking, and knew exactly what formula I needed, just couldnt remember it. FRUSTRATING.

If i was a man who was going in with 70+ scores on a dozen mocks then this talk of tricks would not worry me, i would be confident I identified them. the reason I am worried about this trick stuff is that I took ONLY TWO full mocks (yea thats my first mistake there) and scored a 55 on one, and a 64 on the other. Not to mention, I didnt take either mock until the week of the exam. just severely mis-manged my studies.

Now having said that…the two mocks that I did do were full exams #2 and #3 from the volume #2 of Schweser. It is widely believed that the Schweser mocks were tougher than the real exam, and furthermore it is widely believed that the volume two mocks were tougher than the volume one mocks. So seeing as how I was getting 55-64s (which is band 9/10) on the two toughest Schweser mocks, I think I have a CHANCE. The 64 probably passes…

Reason I am posting in this confidence thread is because even thought I am not CONFIDENT per se…leaving the exam room (and especially leaving after the PM section I thought I did VERY WELL on) I feel more confident than someone should given my mock scores.

Anyone else feeling this way about AM-PM and easyness? Or am I just talking to…a bunch of 75%+ mock-ers in this thread who cant realate to the above ^ haha

Congrats to all for completing the exam on Saturday. I felt pretty good too, but I’m not getting ahead of myself haha

I didn’t put in as much time as some of you guys did. Hopefully we all get some good results by the end of July!

I felt pretty good walking out, felt very good with the AM. PM was slightly harder but I think my strong AM was good enough to pass. Glad they put that CFAI 2016 PM mock in there to kick my ass, wasnt nearly as bad as that. Thought they showed us some mercy. All in all i thought it was a fair exam, some hard questions you had to grind on others they put on a tee for you.

Finished both sections in 2 hours. Hopefully I didn’t go too fast. AM I thought I did very well. Caught a few tricks I originally missed (but not many) on my second and 3rd passes through the questions. PM I will probably score 5-8 points lower if I had to guess. Ethics I went back and forth between answers a few times in both sections. That was my weakest topic by far. I don’t want a fail because of the ambiguity of ethics questions. I was scoring mid 70s on an average on my mocks (I did 9) so I feel pretty confident. I feel about the same as I did for Level 1.

There is no way to know for sure. There could be tricks that i missed or problems that I goofed. However, I feel more than 50%-50% around 70%-30% that I passed.

This is pretty much how I feel. Better than a coin flip. If I didn’t make too many unforced errors I think I got it this year.

I felt AM was a breeze. I was on a roll the entire time - I felt the PM was WAYYYYYYYY harder but still not as bad as I was expecting. Overall I thought it was fair and was happy with my preparation and the time I put in - I felt this really paid off on exam day. Im in the 70%-30% camp on if I passed or not.

I also don’t think the exam was ‘easy’ per se. You have to setp back and take a look from other’s points of view. From mine (and I would say other’s on AF as well) POV I studied about 600 hrs and took 8 timed mocks. I really put a lot of effort and focus into this one b/c I knew it would be a challenge. I dont think the average candidate (and statistically the average candidate fails) puts in this much time/effort. I was talking to someone while waiting in line after lunch and he said he only took the CFAI mock and didn’t finish going through the material until a few weeks ago - he was also debating whether or not to even show up for the PM b/c he thought AM was way too hard. I feel like 75% of the battle is just putting in the time and effort and if you do it will make exam day seem ‘easy’.

We will see in July.

Morning session is a little bit easier for me as well. I thought Ethics and Econ questions were really tricky…

I felt the AM portion was relatively easy with the occasional tripping points. The PM section was tougher for me because of the minutia tested and frankly, I think I was just tired. The last item set in the PM portion was probably easy for some but I couldn’t remember 2 necessary formulas so I had two easy points staring me in the face with no way to narrow the answers to increase my odds to 50/50.

One other thing - there were roughly 450 available spots for my exam (all 3 levels) with about 10%ish of the seats empty from the start. Anyone else experience this?

Horror story of note: I saw a guy checking in and the person checking his calculator dropped it when he was handing it back to the guy. This would have been less of a concern if the floor was carpeted, but I was in Baltimore in an arena with concrete floors. Needless to say the calculator fell with a loud clang and parts of it broke off and slid around. No word on if it worked afterwards.

I defninitely thought it was challenging. This was my first time. To nobody’s fault but my own i only got about 7 weeks of (very heavy studying in. I think i have a 50/50 shot of passing.

I feel like with another coule of weeks working on the 2 major areas where i struggle (FI & Deriv) i could have been pretty confident in a pass

i feel i can reach the threshold comparing to what I did and get, i mean % of guesses I had to do during other mocks, but oh well, but there are certainly lots I had to guess, so who knows

AM harder than PM for me. Had my share of guessing, too. I can see myself pulling off 76 correct or 63% for a pass if MPS is that low. I’m confident I scored over 58%, which is a major improvement considering last year’s horrible score. Will take it again if I do not pass.

Finished AM in 2 hrs, managed to review and correct 5 questions. Finished pm with 45 minutes left, also reviewd and coreected 3 Qs. but you never know, however i’m very optimistic.

AM seemed very easy to me as well. I felt extremely confident

Now there are 2 options: either I fell in all the traps and they tricked me everywhere, or I should be really expecting an excellent grade.

I found all the questions straight forward, you could always exactly know what they want/expect from you.

Almost no tricks

did anyone have the same feeling?

I had the same feeling after walking out, and am wondering now if I fell into all the traps. Going to have this feeling until I see my result.

How did you guys feel about Fixed Income? It was one of my pain points last year, so I might have been over prepared (I spent a lot of time on FI concepts), but I found it relatively easy on the exam. I’d be surprised if I didn’t 70+ on it.

Fixed income seemed really easy. I went through an entire vignette in five minutes. I’m expecting 6/6 on it.

I too had a smiliar feeling but all of these “tricks” that were supposedly found have me second guessing myself. :0

I had the exact same feeling, the way I confince myself is, if you know your work,the tricks are standard questions, you were expecting them already and know what to look for… If you where not prepared, the whole exam is a trick, becasue you dont know what information to pull… if you know your work, you know exaclty what to look for… my 2c

I found AM easier than PM. Derivatives and Economics oh I hate you so much!! :slight_smile:

Hope I pass… 50/50