Anyone else feeling the pressure at work?

To add to my current stressful workload and the stress of neglecting my husband due to this exam, the owner of the firm stopped by my office to ask about my studies. Then he goes on to remind me that the exam is coming up. What the heck! Like I didn’t realize the exam date is around the corner. Is anybody else facing such absurd comments at work? Sorry, I need to vent a bit with like individuals.

No, but I remember just before LI, a bunch of pandamonium broke out a work forcing me to work late in the final weeks and I was very near the breaking point. You can do it though.

I hear ya nova. To add to my stress, my wife is also taking level I. Our 1 br apartment can hardly handle the anxiety/stress level.

same f-in comment (CIO) for me nova…only it was followed by “i passed it in three years”

ng30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hear ya nova. To add to my stress, my wife is > also taking level I. Our 1 br apartment can > hardly handle the anxiety/stress level. ^ LOL…you should fail and then you can study together next year :wink: dude at least your wife knows what it takes to pass and study for this exam…I know people whose wife compare the CFA to their NCLEX or Real Estate license

my boss asks once in a while to show that he cares. I am the only one who’s putting stress on me.

N.VanCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ng30 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I hear ya nova. To add to my stress, my wife > is > > also taking level I. Our 1 br apartment can > > hardly handle the anxiety/stress level. > > > ^ LOL…you should fail and then you can study > together next year :wink: > > dude at least your wife knows what it takes to > pass and study for this exam…I know people > whose wife compare the CFA to their NCLEX or Real > Estate license Thats funny, I study with a friend who is preparing for the NCLEX. It sounds like a lot of work. Is it not? Just to make sure, thats for nursing right?

Squirrel, he passed it in three years as well. Although, he does acknowledge that it does take the average candidate 5 years to complete the process. The crazy part is that he calls after my exam on the weekend to see how I did. I think he’s trying to be nice and supportive but I take it as an insult and he questions his faith in me.

Things are brutal at my workplace. My running total of study for last 1 week was less than 10 hrs. Everything boils down to weekends (which we have, handful now).

I’d just ask them why they didn’t do it in 2.5. I hate those people, I had a guy walk up to me a week before LI when I was studying at my desk over lunch and say something to the effect of, “when I was at xxxxx bank, (he worked back office) I had a coworker that passed all 3 levels of the CFA but didn’t get a front office position, he was so pissed” then he turned to walk away. Of course me being Swannie, I just stopped him and said, “Well at least you have a convenient excuse for never trying.” and went back to work. Really dislike the CFA haters out there.

My old boss passed 3/3 and wanted people to fail if they got to L3 on first attempts b/c it would diminish her incredible accomplishment…glad she quit and I don’t have to deal w/ her anymore. Plus when she took the pass rates were like 75%.

Were the old pass rates higher? Sometimes I get that feeling.

Haters…F’em all baby…F’em all. anyone else think their social skills are being pushed out in lieu of ROC - WACC = EVA Spread?

there’s was this dwight schrut-type character at my work who would always bash the CFA program saying that he could pass it easily. didn’t know shiit about the program. all he kept saying was that he saw the series 7 curriculum and he knew everything therefore he could probably pass the CFA exams if he studied for a few weeks. he didn’t even take the series 7 but he said that it would be more difficult. if i had my book out he would either roll his eyes or pick up my book, flip it, toss it back on my desk and walk away.

Haha, never had 'em to begin with, although the situation is definitely compounded by my deteriorated physical condition and my lack of a haircut in 3+ months.

Niblita75 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > N.VanCandidate Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ng30 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I hear ya nova. To add to my stress, my wife > > is > > > also taking level I. Our 1 br apartment can > > > hardly handle the anxiety/stress level. > > > > > > ^ LOL…you should fail and then you can study > > together next year :wink: > > > > dude at least your wife knows what it takes to > > pass and study for this exam…I know people > > whose wife compare the CFA to their NCLEX or > Real > > Estate license > > > Thats funny, I study with a friend who is > preparing for the NCLEX. It sounds like a lot of > work. Is it not? Just to make sure, thats for > nursing right? Yes NCLEX is for American RN (Registered Nurse) license. However it is a computer based multiple choice exam that keeps feeding you questions till you hit a certain percentage of corrects (say 65%). Once it does that you pass…unless you do really poorly from the beginning and get below let’s say 50% in which case you fail. It keeps on giving you questions till you either fail (less than 50%) or pass (>65%). Pretty easy if you ask me…none the less the material is not easy and is very wide in range of information. Nurses in general know more than 90% of doctors out there in general, docs know more about their specialized field. However the fact that you can take most of these damn standarized test as many times as you want within a year, helps vs. god damn CFA only coming around once a year.

The only certification out there that touches the CFA in my mind are the actuarial exams which appear to be much harder.

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there’s was this dwight schrut-type character at > my work who would always bash the CFA program > saying that he could pass it easily. didn’t know > shiit about the program. all he kept saying was > that he saw the series 7 curriculum and he knew > everything therefore he could probably pass the > CFA exams if he studied for a few weeks. he didn’t > even take the series 7 but he said that it would > be more difficult. if i had my book out he would > either roll his eyes or pick up my book, flip it, > toss it back on my desk and walk away. I would pick up my 500 pages Euqity and Alt. Asset book and smack this f**ker across the face with it. Oh yah, sorry 600 pages

yeah swan, go here and click on '63-07 exam results…82% l3 pass rate in '01.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The only certification out there that touches the > CFA in my mind are the actuarial exams which > appear to be much harder. true, and most of those never complete the full run of exams…they’re well into the 6 figures for income after passing the first couple of levels. ah well, at least we have personalities!