Anyone else has received the letter below?

does it mean I’m a charterhoder now? if I choose “I would like my charter sent to the society.”, am I able to get my charter if for some reason I could attend the ceremony? thanks. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ our Current Member Type: Regular Now that you have passed the 2008 Level III CFA® exam, we want to ensure that your CFA charter will be awarded without delay. Based on your membership type, please follow the instructions at http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/charterholder/level_three.html to finalize your membership and meet any necessary requirements. We also want to confirm the correct spelling of your name and give you the opportunity to have your charter presented at your local CFA Institute Member Society. Your name will be printed on the charter as it appears in our database: XXXXXX XXXX. Please review your personal profile to ensure that your information is correct. However, if you would like your name printed differently on the charter, please send your request, including your CFA Institute ID number, to cmservices@cfainstitute.org or fax to +1 (434) 951-5290. (Be sure to include accent marks or other punctuation. Please note that prefixes and other professional designations are not printed on the CFA charter.) Your local society, CFA Society of Sydney, is planning an event to present charters to the new local charterholders. Please indicate if you would like for your charter to be sent to the society for presentation (please note you will receive a separate invitation from the society providing additional details): Yes, I would like my charter sent to the society. No, please mail it to my preferred address.

It looks like you will get it soon. I recived the one below. Which is quite different than your letter. I am not a regular member and don’t have the work experience. “”""""Your Current Member Type: Non-Member Now that you have passed the 2008 Level III CFA® exam, we want to ensure that your CFA charter will be awarded without delay. Based on your membership type, please follow the instructions at http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/charterholder/level_three.html to finalize your membership and meet any necessary requirements. Your name will be printed on the charter as it appears in our database: XXXXXX XXXXX. Please review your personal profile to ensure that your information is correct. However, if you would like your name printed differently on the charter, please send your request, including your CFA Institute ID number, to cmservices@cfainstitute.org or fax to +1 (434) 951-5290. (Be sure to include accent marks or other punctuation. Please note that prefixes and other professional designations are not printed on the CFA charter.) If you have questions, please contact Client Services at cmservices@cfainstitute.org. Sincerely, Client Services

interesting I’m not a member yet, and only have 3 years of work experience, none of which have I submitted to CFAI, and I received the first letter posted. I just ignored it because I know I need another year of experience before I get the charter.

jrumph Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > interesting > > I’m not a member yet, and only have 3 years of > work experience, none of which have I submitted to > CFAI, and I received the first letter posted. I > just ignored it because I know I need another year > of experience before I get the charter. really, it states you are regular memeber?

ryanunsw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jrumph Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > interesting > > > > I’m not a member yet, and only have 3 years of > > work experience, none of which have I submitted > to > > CFAI, and I received the first letter posted. > I > > just ignored it because I know I need another > year > > of experience before I get the charter. > > > really, it states you are regular memeber? No, it says I am a non-member, but the rest of the email is identical to yours, not Hiya’s. It threw me a little bit when they asked how I wanted the charter delivered, but like I said I just ignored it.

it does not matter… it may have been an occasional mix up. unless you apply and have your work experience approved, it is highly unlikely that that the charter will be awarded. there are too many checks and balances to let something like this happen…

Got mine yesterday; called CFAI and told that I still have to wait for the officieal letter from Jeff to begin use the designation.

did they say how long the letter takes?

i’ve got the same question, keen to be able to use those 3 letters. Bigwilly, are you a member now.

no - haven’t received it. I already am a member and had my work experience accepted - but no email of any kind

i received the letter and i am a non-member. i had assumed that everybody receive the letter.

They told me that it will be mid-Sept.

Got the letter. This is to make sure they have all your details correct. Once they have confirmed everything they will send you a letter in September. You can start using the designation once you recieve that letter. I called the CFAI and this was the explanation they gave me.