Anyone else think this LIII link thing is meaningless?

They are all gone. Anybody’s link still there???

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skin629 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > L3 links are gone now. > > Mine’s still there… whoops. No it’s not. Whew…had my head halfway in the oven

I’m telling youy guys, this is meaningless. I understanding the arguments, but my gut tells me this is all BS.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfasf1, rip it up man! i’m psyched you got the > link- always root for you. just woke up from a > nap, all links gone now, but really… i think > you guys are golden so congrats! > i can’t believe i have to study with daj. oh > baby! that and not getting good help from everyone > else i’ve been pushing with for the last 2 years > has me a little down, but besides that, i’m pretty > ready to go do it again and make sure i have this > level on lock down next june. again, congrats all > of my nerd forum homies and homie-ettes, and if > i’m in failure band 10 come tues, i’m going to > punch someone for not taking the stupid interest > out of the RI equation. Hey bannis… i, no bs, don’t think the links meant much… don’t get me wrong, it made me feel better having it… but i mean seriously, are we looking at disappearing links 2 days before the announcement date and making conclusions? checks or not? really? if anything, it certainly didn’t mean anything if you didn’t get one. csk and a buch of other people passed without ever getting the stupid link. i never felt sure i passed this thing and won’t until tuesday. and you should feel the same. as you know our scores have a correlation of no less than .9… so you and i are still in the same boat. not blowing smoke up your ass either. and if it doesn’t work out, we will kill it next year. this daj kid is unbelievable, by the way. unreal… i couldn’t make up a character like him.

it should be obvious to anyone glancing at the l3 forum that these links are completely meaningless

They updated the database for the website base on passing or failing, inadvertantly letting that show through for 18hrs. They pulled that piece until Tuesday morning, but now all they have to do is flip a switch to get the right info loaded up. Or so I’d like to think. Any IT folk know how these things work?

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it should be obvious to anyone glancing at the l3 > forum that these links are completely meaningless How dare you use logic in a rational attempt to difuse this situation. We’ve got a good bit of momentum here and right or wrong it would be a shame to waste it. Now is our time to strike… To Charlottesville…WHO’S WITH ME!!!

so… anyone have some good sleeper picks for my fantasy league this year? on to bigger and better things until my shiny new L2 books come.

there literally are a million ways how you could do this. you could upload en excel file, update individual profiles, update the database in large chunks etc. all depends on how their content management system is built. I think what’s most likely at this point is that they forgot to actually disable the registration element in their cms before starting to update the profiles. of course, my opinion is biased - i did have the l3 link…

ya- take a look at the level 3 forum and look at half the forum speculating the same way we are

Because they are similarly debating over in the LIII forum doesn’t mean… “it should be obvious to anyone glancing at the l3 forum that these links are completely meaningless.” Historical precedent would hold otherwise. I didn’t have the LIII link last year, I failed. Those who did passed. I hear there is a guy here who didn’t have the link and passed. OK… but does anyone know of anyone who had the LIII link and didn’t pass? Maybe not having it doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t pass, but having does mean that you did pass. I am not saying I know what the correct anwser is, but to say with conviction that it is clearly meaningless is rediculous.

Mark4124 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They updated the database for the website base on > passing or failing, inadvertantly letting that > show through for 18hrs. They pulled that piece > until Tuesday morning, but now all they have to do > is flip a switch to get the right info loaded up. > Or so I’d like to think. Any IT folk know how > these things work? That’s exactly how these things work. I’m assuming the scores were dumped into the database that drives the website. Whoever did the web development just didn’t realize the registration link was affected by the pass/fail status of the candidate. Everyone’s take on the meaning of the various links is probably correct. As a former software developer, I certainly can’t think of any other explanation for what happened.

Mark4124 Wrote: OK… but does anyone know of > anyone who had the LIII link and didn’t pass? A guy named Loody in the L3 forum posted that he got the L3 link and failed. See link: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,811011

then why is he in the l3 forum and not ours, lol?

dirtydirty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > then why is he in the l3 forum and not ours, lol? GREAT question…I went back and looked…he’s answering a L2 candidates question about what happened last year…looks like Loody might be confused and trying to answer a L3 question similar to what we’re looking at. I think he posted in the wrong thread. Disregard.

Mark4124 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Because they are similarly debating over in the > LIII forum doesn’t mean… “it should be obvious > to anyone glancing at the l3 forum that these > links are completely meaningless.” Historical > precedent would hold otherwise. uh is that really what you thought i was talking about? there are people on the L3 forum who saw the link and failed and vice versa it is meaningless

Got a link to a guy who saw the link last year and failed?

here’s one Loody http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,811011

Loody is taking L3 for the second time, I think. The links mean something different to them, obviously.

Loody will probably take it a third time as well given that he doesn’t know how to read. :slight_smile: