Anyone else think this LIII link thing is meaningless?

I have the link, but I’m still gearing up for a fail. I think this whole link fiasco is much ado about nothing.

Ditto. I have the link but doubt it means anything.

in past years the level III linkmost definetly has meant you passed. try being a level IIIer and debating as to whether no register link means passed and a register for level III link means fail. you guys have it easy. the strange part is in the past this “hack” or whatever has only worked hours before they have released the results, but we are two days away. makes me wonder whether a) we might get the results early or b) this year is different and maybe the link doesn’t mean anything.

My money is on b), because there is no way the results are coming early.

I dont have the link (me being a looser I guess) but my conspiracy theory goes somethin like this: Obviously, these fat lazy a$$ CFAI folks took the better part of a quarter to sort out our results. Why on earth would they work on a Saturday.Sunday to get the results out/or prepare the site for the results/or whatever???

there is always c) the institute has the results ready and loaded and still are going to realease it on the release date.

Maybe they had to torture too many Indian IT guys all morning updating the website last year, and this year they decided it would be easier to bring them in on the weekend and have them liesurely do it over a few days.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have the link, but I’m still gearing up for a > fail. I think this whole link fiasco is much ado > about nothing. Last year I thought I failed Level 1, and I passed. Its only appropriate that this year I thought I passed, and I don’t see the Level 3 link. The fact that some see Level 2 while others see Level 3 really worries me. I felt 60/40 that I passed and now I feel 5/95. I am not looking forward to the results. I may check here on Tuesday before I check the website.

I would agree… for L1 I had 0 formal finance education behind me, hell I was a history major, I didn’t read PM or corp finance or take any practice exams and I passed. Last year I worked really hard on L2, didn’t see the link that morning, and I failed. This year I didn’t study much and thought I would fail… but I crammed a bunch of equations in my head prior to the exam and I felt at least decent coming out. I definately agreed with those who said the afternoon was harder and that sort of thing, but I didn’t feel like I was drowning during the exam at all, I felt like I managed my way through it pretty ok. And now I see the link! :slight_smile:

It just seems that there are too many people that have the link. It would be really fu**ed up to give certain people the link only to let them find a fail. Personally I am opting for a) results will be out early in an attempt to preempt the inevitable system failure at 9AM on Tuesday. (Shameless Optimist)

I doubt results will be out early, but we may be thinking that there are “too many with the link” because we are thinking there should only be about half of the people here with the link. But I believe the pass rate here on analyst forum is far higher than the average. Look at last year for example, definately well over 40% passed in the forum. I can’t say that I have, but there are many people on here who study non-stop, come here for questions on questions, tips, blah, blah… not everyone is that commited.

L3 links are gone now.

If I didn’t see the link I might be a little gun shy about posting and would probably wait for Tuesday.

Mark4124 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I doubt results will be out early, but we may be > thinking that there are “too many with the link” > because we are thinking there should only be about > half of the people here with the link. But I > believe the pass rate here on analyst forum is far > higher than the average. Look at last year for > example, definately well over 40% passed in the > forum. I can’t say that I have, but there are many > people on here who study non-stop, come here for > questions on questions, tips, blah, blah… not > everyone is that commited. if you are on this site on sunday afternoon in august, chances are you didn’t half ass the exam. we wont read further than that into it. :slight_smile:

skin629 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L3 links are gone now. Mine’s still there…

I’m an MBA and I just finished up an internship in fixed income, unfortunately the firm I worked for does just in time hiring, so no end of the summer offer. CFA III candidate would be helpful for applications this fall for full time.

aaaaand, take a bow cfai, you’ve outdone yourself in mindfking every candidate this year… did you expect anything less? old crew, you shouldn’t count yourself out as much as i’m not counting myself in… just classic cfai sht. lol.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skin629 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > L3 links are gone now. > > Mine’s still there… whoops. No it’s not.

cfasf1, rip it up man! i’m psyched you got the link- always root for you. just woke up from a nap, all links gone now, but really… i think you guys are golden so congrats! i can’t believe i have to study with daj. oh baby! that and not getting good help from everyone else i’ve been pushing with for the last 2 years has me a little down, but besides that, i’m pretty ready to go do it again and make sure i have this level on lock down next june. again, congrats all of my nerd forum homies and homie-ettes, and if i’m in failure band 10 come tues, i’m going to punch someone for not taking the stupid interest out of the RI equation.

Somebody must have gotten wise to the fact that they are broadcasting our pass/fail status 3 days before d-day.