Anyone going to John Harris accounting course this weekend in Washington DC?

ok. just finished his course in san fran. i’m confirming that he really is good. still not sure if i’ll dominate pensions just yet, but i do feel more confident about fsa. well worth the price…

going to the one in Chicago…I missed the one in Washington because I was ill and ill-prepared…so I am flying out to it (hopefully will work out). I spent the weekend listening to the 10 hours of Schweser Video CD’s on FSA (about put me to sleep…even though Jon Bone was very knowledgable).

Anybody mind sharing the qbank/notes that he gives out. I’ll pay for it. Anish Anish_gaur@yahoo.com

they are copyright material and he asks that they not be distributed. He is running a business, after all.

If you don’t brush up or read up on the FSA before going to his class, I don’t think it will help at all.

I am going to Chicago in May…hope to see people there…it should be good

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > they are copyright material and he asks that they > not be distributed. He is running a business, > after all. He would actually end up having more business if candidates like me can get to read what he has to offer before spending $495, which for some of us is one month’s shared rent. Anish

anish, i think the 495 is for both the material and the delivery. and from what I have heard. his teaching is amazing. That goes over and above the material itself. and given the number of classes he conducts, a few more or a few less folks would not make a difference to him. It is to us, who need that desperate pass in the FSA section, that all the difference is made. CP

I saw him at Windsor last year for level 1 and he was the best one there

I agree. cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anish, i think the 495 is for both the material > and the delivery. and from what I have heard. his > teaching is amazing. That goes over and above the > material itself. > > and given the number of classes he conducts, a few > more or a few less folks would not make a > difference to him. It is to us, who need that > desperate pass in the FSA section, that all the > difference is made. > > CP

I attended the L2 in San Fran and as expected it was fantastic. Went in with a pretty poor handle on FSA and came out much stronger. I’m still improving. One of the best prof’s I’ve encountered throughout my college and post college life. Makes a difficult subject, learnable, and quickly. I attended the L1 last year and don’t think I missed an FSA question on the L1 exam. As far as the notes you get those when you pay for the class. He’s one of the nicest teachers I’ve come across and please don’t start giving out his materials for free. The guy works his butt off teaching FSA across the world and the last thing he wants is his material bootlegged. Not an easy job and it’s what he does for a living. Definitely worth the $499 price tag and airfare to get there.

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > He would actually end up having more business if > candidates like me can get to read what he has to > offer before spending $495, which for some of us > is one month’s shared rent. > > Anish copying materials = more business? I dont agree with your conclusion, either pay up like everyone else, or dont attend.

Guess everybody here is all hyped from my previous post. Calm down guys. If you won’t give it to me then somebody else would. Peace.

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anish, i think the 495 is for both the material > and the delivery. and from what I have heard. his > teaching is amazing. That goes over and above the > material itself. CPK - he truly is amazing. His materials are crisp, clear, and to the point. But I doubt that you’d get that much out of it without Harris’s presentation. He did a phenomenal job of working through things in such a way that phrases stuck in your head (i.e. the “trigger” for the all-current method). So if any of you are considering attending and you have any doubts, pony up the $$ and attend - it’ll be well worth it. .

Anish - No one is going to give you his materials. Everyone that attends his workshops has a tremendous amount of respect for him and understands that he is running a business. He works very hard and is extremely good at what he does. He is the type of guy that would answer your phone call at 10pm and take time out of his day to help you get a better grasp on a topic. In addition, his materials are copyrighted and using his notes w/o paying is in violation of the code and standards. In conclusion, dont be a shmuck. Why should you have access to his materials while the rest of us paid?

I am really looking forward to his LA class this week. I only hope he has not been “over hyped”.

This is the first time hearing about this accounting workshop. From what I’m reading, it looks like it would be tremendous help, especially since I feel that accounting is one of my weak areas. But just so I know I’m signing up for the right class, is this his website you guys are talking about? http://www.accountingworkshops.com/. I just googled his name and this is what came up. Can someone please confirm before I register. I appreciate it!

Yup, that is the guy.

Thank you.

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anish - No one is going to give you his materials. > Everyone that attends his workshops has a > tremendous amount of respect for him and > understands that he is running a business. He > works very hard and is extremely good at what he > does. He is the type of guy that would answer your > phone call at 10pm and take time out of his day to > help you get a better grasp on a topic. In > addition, his materials are copyrighted and using > his notes w/o paying is in violation of the code > and standards. In conclusion, dont be a shmuck. > Why should you have access to his materials while > the rest of us paid? Just wait JB, I’ll send you a copy when I get hold of one!!