Anyone going to John Harris accounting course this weekend in Washington DC?

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jbisback Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Anish - No one is going to give you his > materials. > > Everyone that attends his workshops has a > > tremendous amount of respect for him and > > understands that he is running a business. He > > works very hard and is extremely good at what > he > > does. He is the type of guy that would answer > your > > phone call at 10pm and take time out of his day > to > > help you get a better grasp on a topic. In > > addition, his materials are copyrighted and > using > > his notes w/o paying is in violation of the > code > > and standards. In conclusion, dont be a shmuck. > > Why should you have access to his materials > while > > the rest of us paid? > > Just wait JB, I’ll send you a copy when I get hold > of one!! so you think by copying the copyright material, you are doing an awesome thing. Did you study ethics or business laws in L1 /college?

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > He would actually end up having more business if > candidates like me can get to read what he has to > offer before spending $495, which for some of us > is one month’s shared rent. > > Anish There’s an old joke about the millionaire who asked a young lady if she’d sleep with him for $1 Million. She said yes. He then asked “how about for $50”, and she responded “What do you think I am?” His comment: “We’ve already determined that. Now we’re just haggling over price”. I’ll never make the claim that I couldn’t be convinced to do something unethical at any price. Like all of us, I have a price: for example, I’ll do just about anything if my kids’ health/safety/lives were at stake. But I try to keep my price high enough to discourage the window shoppers. Anish - are you really willing to trade your integrity for $495? Man, that’s cheap. At that price, you’ll get a LOT of window shoppers.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > jbisback Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Anish - No one is going to give you his > > materials. > > > Everyone that attends his workshops has a > > > tremendous amount of respect for him and > > > understands that he is running a business. He > > > works very hard and is extremely good at what > > he > > > does. He is the type of guy that would answer > > your > > > phone call at 10pm and take time out of his > day > > to > > > help you get a better grasp on a topic. In > > > addition, his materials are copyrighted and > > using > > > his notes w/o paying is in violation of the > > code > > > and standards. In conclusion, dont be a > shmuck. > > > Why should you have access to his materials > > while > > > the rest of us paid? > > > > Just wait JB, I’ll send you a copy when I get > hold > > of one!! > > so you think by copying the copyright material, > you are doing an awesome thing. Did you study > ethics or business laws in L1 /college? I probably scored more than you on Ethics in level I and had an A+ in business law at college.

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > He would actually end up having more business > if > > candidates like me can get to read what he has > to > > offer before spending $495, which for some of > us > > is one month’s shared rent. > > > > Anish > > There’s an old joke about the millionaire who > asked a young lady if she’d sleep with him for $1 > Million. She said yes. He then asked “how about > for $50”, and she responded “What do you think I > am?” His comment: > > “We’ve already determined that. Now we’re just > haggling over price”. > > I’ll never make the claim that I couldn’t be > convinced to do something unethical at any price. > Like all of us, I have a price: for example, I’ll > do just about anything if my kids’ > health/safety/lives were at stake. But I try to > keep my price high enough to discourage the window > shoppers. > > Anish - are you really willing to trade your > integrity for $495? Man, that’s cheap. At that > price, you’ll get a LOT of window shoppers. “Please, keep talking. I always yawn when I am interested.”

I think you all are just going through ‘march madness’ and all fried from CFA studies. I already mentioned somewhere above - calm down. YOu all definitely have more productive things to do than to come here and grow this thread. I am too stubborn to give up!!

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfaboston28 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > anishcandy Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > jbisback Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > Anish - No one is going to give you his > > > materials. > > > > Everyone that attends his workshops has a > > > > tremendous amount of respect for him and > > > > understands that he is running a business. > He > > > > works very hard and is extremely good at > what > > > he > > > > does. He is the type of guy that would > answer > > > your > > > > phone call at 10pm and take time out of his > > day > > > to > > > > help you get a better grasp on a topic. In > > > > addition, his materials are copyrighted and > > > using > > > > his notes w/o paying is in violation of the > > > code > > > > and standards. In conclusion, dont be a > > shmuck. > > > > Why should you have access to his materials > > > while > > > > the rest of us paid? > > > > > > Just wait JB, I’ll send you a copy when I get > > hold > > > of one!! > > > > so you think by copying the copyright material, > > you are doing an awesome thing. Did you study > > ethics or business laws in L1 /college? > > > I probably scored more than you on Ethics in level > I and had an A+ in business law at college. Probably but not sure, right? You didnt learn anything from those classes.

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am too stubborn to give up!! You are also cheap - cough up the cash and go to the session. How are you enrolled in this program if you can’t spend a few extra dollars to sign up for this course?

engineer2finance Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am too stubborn to give up!! > > You are also cheap - cough up the cash and go to > the session. How are you enrolled in this program > if you can’t spend a few extra dollars to sign up > for this course? That’s not exactly fair. But it doesn’t excuse what he is trying to do, imo.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > cfaboston28 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > anishcandy Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > jbisback Wrote: > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > > > ----- > > > > > Anish - No one is going to give you his > > > > materials. > > > > > Everyone that attends his workshops has a > > > > > tremendous amount of respect for him and > > > > > understands that he is running a > business. > > He > > > > > works very hard and is extremely good at > > what > > > > he > > > > > does. He is the type of guy that would > > answer > > > > your > > > > > phone call at 10pm and take time out of > his > > > day > > > > to > > > > > help you get a better grasp on a topic. > In > > > > > addition, his materials are copyrighted > and > > > > using > > > > > his notes w/o paying is in violation of > the > > > > code > > > > > and standards. In conclusion, dont be a > > > shmuck. > > > > > Why should you have access to his > materials > > > > while > > > > > the rest of us paid? > > > > > > > > Just wait JB, I’ll send you a copy when I > get > > > hold > > > > of one!! > > > > > > so you think by copying the copyright > material, > > > you are doing an awesome thing. Did you study > > > ethics or business laws in L1 /college? > > > > > > I probably scored more than you on Ethics in > level > > I and had an A+ in business law at college. > > > Probably but not sure, right? You didnt learn > anything from those classes. Yea Probably. The thing I learned from those classes is that you need to cut others throat to survive here. It’s Jungle out there bro.

engineer2finance Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am too stubborn to give up!! > > You are also cheap - cough up the cash and go to > the session. How are you enrolled in this program > if you can’t spend a few extra dollars to sign up > for this course? I think you are just mad because you spend your money on it and can’t see anybody having the same notes for free. Oh well. too bad buddy. You don’t need to tell me what I have to do or what no!! It’s not how much money I can/want to/would spend during this course…it’s why do I need to when at the end of the day we all have either Pass or Fail.

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > engineer2finance Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > anishcandy Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I am too stubborn to give up!! > > > > You are also cheap - cough up the cash and go > to > > the session. How are you enrolled in this > program > > if you can’t spend a few extra dollars to sign > up > > for this course? > > > > That’s not exactly fair. But it doesn’t excuse > what he is trying to do, imo. Everybody here knows and/or have to admit that there are hundreds of candidates out there who do this. The topic of chaos here that you all are getting to read this here on this forum.

JB wrote: "Why should you have access to his materials while the rest of us paid? " This is where everybody is bitching about.

then why are you asking people here to give their notes to you…just go and arrange it.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > then why are you asking people here to give their > notes to you…just go and arrange it. I don’t remember asking you!! Whoever wants to share may read it, otherwise just ignore the post. “Freedom of speech/press.”

Anish While you may go on and on about freedom of speech / press 1. you are on a public forum and asked for someone to lend you their notes here. People refused to help because of ethical reasons, which are perfectly valid. 2. Instead of respecting their opinion – you go ahead and try to act as though you are doing something great by getting “Plagiarised” notes from someone somewhere. If you want to do that, go ahead and do it. But do not try to push your thoughts down the throats of others by making such statements, as above. And once you have made those statements as you have, do not expect people to ignore them either. My earlier response was purely as someone who has used the notes, and been to the classes for L 1 – which I found extremely helpful. Now, I am getting incensed by the tone of your statements on the same post. CP

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Everybody here knows and/or have to admit that > there are hundreds of candidates out there who do > this. The topic of chaos here that you all are > getting to read this here on this forum. Yes, you are probably right. However what incentive do I or anyone else on AF have to give you his notes? To help you pass the exam? To feel good about ourselves? Because we can? Because you are willing to pay us for them? (We already know you are not willing to pay otherwise you would just signup for his class, or the amount you are willing to pay is very small). I have yet to see a reason to help you out. Like you said, it is what you need to do at the end of the day to PASS. I am of the same mindset. How does giving you his notes help me or anyone else on AF PASS? It doesn’t. It will help you pass, but not me. I need to pass so I signed up for his class and am doing everything it takes. It looks like you are not willing to sacrifice as much (time, money, etc). Sorry, find a real life friend to help you out.

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anish > > While you may go on and on about freedom of speech > / press > > 1. you are on a public forum and asked for someone > to lend you their notes here. People refused to > help because of ethical reasons, which are > perfectly valid. > > 2. Instead of respecting their opinion – you go > ahead and try to act as though you are doing > something great by getting “Plagiarised” notes > from someone somewhere. If you want to do that, go > ahead and do it. But do not try to push your > thoughts down the throats of others by making such > statements, as above. And once you have made those > statements as you have, do not expect people to > ignore them either. > > My earlier response was purely as someone who has > used the notes, and been to the classes for L 1 – > which I found extremely helpful. Now, I am getting > incensed by the tone of your statements on the > same post. > > CP I just want to make one thing clear my friends that I am not being rude to anybody here or trying to be a smart ass. I politely asked if somebody would lend me their notes or no. So the best answer that I was expecting was either yes or no. Simple. If you all read from the beginning I didn’t start this argument. Again, if it not pertains to you in general then there is no need to reply. There are hundreds of posts on this forum those go un answered by anyone.

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Everybody here knows and/or have to admit that > > there are hundreds of candidates out there who > do > > this. The topic of chaos here that you all are > > getting to read this here on this forum. > > > Yes, you are probably right. However what > incentive do I or anyone else on AF have to give > you his notes? To help you pass the exam? To feel > good about ourselves? Because we can? Because you > are willing to pay us for them? (We already know > you are not willing to pay otherwise you would > just signup for his class, or the amount you are > willing to pay is very small). > > I have yet to see a reason to help you out. Like > you said, it is what you need to do at the end of > the day to PASS. I am of the same mindset. How > does giving you his notes help me or anyone else > on AF PASS? It doesn’t. It will help you pass, but > not me. > > I need to pass so I signed up for his class and am > doing everything it takes. It looks like you are > not willing to sacrifice as much (time, money, > etc). > > Sorry, find a real life friend to help you out. Thanks for the advice bro. I do have some real life friends but unfortunately none of them are doing CFA. I guess thank you should make you happy. I can probably teach and/or give anyone here my notes/knowledge but on June 7th it’s the one who know the stuff will pass.

IT SEEMS THAT MANY PEOPLE HERE ARE JUST OFFENDED FROM THE WAY I WRITE. JUST TO ADD HERE THAT I AM SORRY IF ANY OF MY POSTS OFFENDED ANYBODY. THIS IS NOT WHAT I INTEND TO DO. IT IS JUST THE WAY MY ENGLISH IS. SO APOLOGIZE FOR ANY MISCONCEPTION. Anish

Well, good luck in june nonetheless.