Anyone got tix to the Masters?

Just checked online and tix for Sat/Sun are going for as much as $2,500. Any lucky bastard going to be there this year?

IMO…you can’t beat HD TV coverage for the Masters…(golf is always better on TV…action in too many different places…) (Although I went to US Open final day at BethPage 2002…that was a great experience)

I was there on Monday. . . played 18 after that at a course in Augusta. Walked out of Augusta Naitional and sold 2 tix for $200. Not bad for a practice round late in the afternoon. . . it paid for my round.

gaffano Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IMO…you can’t beat HD TV coverage for the > Masters…(golf is always better on TV…action > in too many different places…) True if you enjoy only following Tiger and whoever is atop the leaderboard.

I used to get a press pass every year b/c of my grandpa’s old ties from when he owned a handful of radio and tv stations in the 1980s – I got to go starting when I was 11 through age 23. It was never a problem because I would just tell the gate attendant that I was a sports journalist and the old man on my badge was my employer – if they asked, which they didn’t start doing until I started going alone when I was about 17. I miss those days. Incredibly, it worked until 2005, when my uncle was stopped at the gate and questioned. When he didn’t have a clever excuse ready – he was taken to Hootie Johnson’s office and we were stripped of the press pass. I’ll never let him forget that one.

gaffano Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IMO…you can’t beat HD TV coverage for the > Masters…(golf is always better on TV…action > in too many different places…) > > (Although I went to US Open final day at BethPage > 2002…that was a great experience) Maybe for some tournaments but certainly not for the Masters. HDTV doesn’t do Augusta National justice. I don’t care if you have a “60” 1080p or whatever they have these days. The course is immaculate. People may hype up how pretty the course is but no matter how high the bar has been set you will not be disappointed one bit. I’m in Atlanta and heading to Augusta on Friday, as I have the day off. My parent’s neighbors are going to a wedding and gave us their Friday tickets. I haven’t been in a few years so I’m pretty psyched. $1.25 Pimento Cheese Sandwich. Mmmmmm

$1.50 now dude. Have fun, the weather should be perfect!

It’s true, it doesn’t matter how Tiger is doing they’ll show him all day long which can be annoying when he’s not in say the top 10. So rather than highlighting how well other players are doing, they’ll highlight how Tiger was “disappointing” 4Tay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gaffano Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > IMO…you can’t beat HD TV coverage for the > > Masters…(golf is always better on > TV…action > > in too many different places…) > > > True if you enjoy only following Tiger and whoever > is atop the leaderboard.

4Tay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gaffano Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > IMO…you can’t beat HD TV coverage for the > > Masters…(golf is always better on > TV…action > > in too many different places…) > > > True if you enjoy only following Tiger and whoever > is atop the leaderboard. Good point…most people watch sporting events to see who is going to lose… Seriously…hear your angst…would be cool if they had an option to follow someone you were interested…

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gaffano Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > IMO…you can’t beat HD TV coverage for the > > Masters…(golf is always better on > TV…action > > in too many different places…) > > > > (Although I went to US Open final day at > BethPage > > 2002…that was a great experience) > > Maybe for some tournaments but certainly not for > the Masters. HDTV doesn’t do Augusta National > justice. I don’t care if you have a “60” 1080p > or whatever they have these days. The course is > immaculate. People may hype up how pretty the > course is but no matter how high the bar has been > set you will not be disappointed one bit. I’m in > Atlanta and heading to Augusta on Friday, as I > have the day off. My parent’s neighbors are going > to a wedding and gave us their Friday tickets. I > haven’t been in a few years so I’m pretty psyched. > $1.25 Pimento Cheese Sandwich. Mmmmmm How much did you pay for the ticket and when?

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chuckrox8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > gaffano Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > IMO…you can’t beat HD TV coverage for the > > > Masters…(golf is always better on > > TV…action > > > in too many different places…) > > > > > > (Although I went to US Open final day at > > BethPage > > > 2002…that was a great experience) > > > > Maybe for some tournaments but certainly not > for > > the Masters. HDTV doesn’t do Augusta National > > justice. I don’t care if you have a “60” > 1080p > > or whatever they have these days. The course > is > > immaculate. People may hype up how pretty the > > course is but no matter how high the bar has > been > > set you will not be disappointed one bit. I’m > in > > Atlanta and heading to Augusta on Friday, as I > > have the day off. My parent’s neighbors are > going > > to a wedding and gave us their Friday tickets. > I > > haven’t been in a few years so I’m pretty > psyched. > > $1.25 Pimento Cheese Sandwich. Mmmmmm > > How much did you pay for the ticket and when? He just said that it was his parents’ neighbor who aren’t going (i.e. free ticket).

oh ok. i guess he still lives with his folks then.

Either that or they haven’t completely disowned him yet.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh ok. i guess he still lives with his folks then. No. My folks just aren’t big golfers and they know how much I love the game and follow it.