Anyone has used Schweser for L1 & Passed?!?

Hey Folks, has anyone used Schweser Notes instead of the CFAI Books for studing? if you did, how did you find them? did you pass the exam??

i did!!

CaliCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Folks, > has anyone used Schweser Notes instead of the CFAI > Books for studing? if you did, how did you find > them? did you pass the exam?? Yeah, 90% of the people on this board!

come on… are you kidding?

CaliCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Folks, > has anyone used Schweser Notes instead of the CFAI > Books for studing? if you did, how did you find > them? did you pass the exam?? i used them. i found them in the mail one day when i got home. i passed the exam. i win.

Nope - use the CFAI books all the way. They make for a great read and you need to use those in order to pass. Everyone on here that says they used Schweser and passed is lying.

haha, that’s like asking did anyone sign up for the exam and pass? From my exp. most people (up until this year where CFAI curriculum is mandatory) use shewser and don’t even bother with CFAI.

yea…after the 2nd attempt…

what’s this Schweser thing you speak of? Surely your only choice is to read all the readings right?

Did anybody sacrifice an animal to the finance god before taking level 1 and passed? If you did, which animal did you use?

^ Careful, PETA regularly monitors this board.

Yeah, but you need to know al the material inside out since they are summary notes!!

I am starting to believe that those low pass scores are due to the schweser folks, like eclectic said… after the 2nd attempt. lol

Hey Folks , I want to THNAK all of you for your Helpful Feedback. Apparently, it is 50/50. Some people did use Schweser only & passed & some, unfortuanatly, did not. here is what I am going to do so I can put an end to my misery: 1- I will Studdy the Ethics & GIPS fron the CFAI Books(Schweser is really a Summary of Summary in this Topic) 2- I will Study the rest from Schweser. Please Keep it going. If you still have a feedback drop it here. I will check the thread again. Best of luck to all.

My question is along the same lines, just a bit different…i will just copy and paste what i wrote in the L1 forum “I will be signing up to write L1 in June '08, but am currently waiting to pass my 6 month probation at work in order for my employer to pay for it. My registration will be in January. In the meantime I have the schweser notes/books for the 2006 curriculum and I’d like to get a head start on studying as I will have a week off from work in December and I am currently working only 45hrs/week. I am wondering if anyone knows what the major differences are in the material and what sections of the material I should currently focus on right now with the '06 schweser books that I have available. From my understanding, ethics is the one part I should probably pick up from the CFA material as they could be strict on the questions, however, from a practical point of view I don’t see how economics, accounting, asset valuation, and portfolio management would be any different. Would it be safe to assume I can start studying the Schweser '06 material economics, PM, and asset management as they should be fairly similar to what the institute is issuing for reading materail? I just graduated with an accounting undergrad and have done the exam questions on accounting just to see where I stand and so far so good. Thoughts?”

I will divulge my study methods after I have passed. Until then, anything I say is useless (like it usually is).

Alexandrov, Do not Study from the 06 Materials … there is a lot of difference between the 08 & the 06 materials. i would advice you to register & get your book from the CFA Institue… that is in my Humbeled Opinion.

Read the CFAI materials once through for levels 1+2 and Schweser from there on in. I spend a lot of time doign the tests and q Bank. Passed 2/2.