Anyone just starting?

Took level 3 in June, failed band 9. This is my first post since. Going to start in January. I am fully motivated to destroy this thing this time. My heart and mind were just not in it last year. I lost the desire but, now it’s back. I’m ready to finally put this thing to rest fellas

I’m a retaker as well and this test just scares me. I feel the level of knowledge needed to pass this one is far above that of level I or II, I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to recall everything all on one day. I’ve been studying for about 2 months now and have really only been ramping it up the last couple weeks. I want to be throught the books by the end of Jan and start taking practice tests then. I don’t want to give this test any reason not to pass me in June. I try not to think of how I could be done after this one, that just makes me feel like I don’t have to study as much. If I’m going to pass, I’m going to need to push it right to the end - run through the bag (baseball reference).

I have yet to register for LIII and I am a first time L3er. I’ve been living in a world devoid of any CFA exam references for the last five months and it’s been incredible. I have back to back to back weddings on the calendar in January so it’s looking like I won’t be able to get a good solid start until February. I tend to study like a diesel locomotive. It takes a while to get me going, but once inertia is on my side I continue to built up speed going into the exam day.

Heck, I haven’t even started. The box has been lying under my desk - unopened - for the past couple of months. It has been bliss.

From my Levels I and II experience I think I will keep messing around till 90 days out. I would then study like five hours a day on top of work and therefore would have no life. This is how I always done things. For now I will find a million things to do before I study. I cleaned my bathroom twice this week; that makes it twice this year!

If you didn’t register, you’re not supposed to call yourself a L3 candidate as your profile says

I’ll be starting January 3; that will be almost two full months before I started studying for L2 last year. Last year I spent about 2 hours a day on average, everyday (except for three) between Feb 26 and June 5 reading the CFAI text only, and doing the EOC problems. I’ll do the same thing this time, except with more time for review…as I simply can’t afford to fail L3.

Well hello there CFAI Ethics patrol. If it makes you feel any better I registered for L3 yesterday so I suppose I am a legitimate LIII candidate now.

Chuck, good to see you back again. Like you, I too have not started studying. What do you say, time to hit the books? I’m debating using last year’s L3 Schweser materials I bought for reasonably cheap vs. buying the package this year. Apparently not much has changed except behavioral finance. What strategy you going with?

Got my Schweser notes today so planning to start this weekend.

I’m about 200 hours in, 200 hours more to go. Overall, I feel like the test will be easier than L2, but trying not to get too confident.

3.5 hours done, 296.5hrs left to do.

Action begins tomorrow.

yeah… hvg the schw videos run in the background and just warming up… will be more serious come feb 1

Always the same stories each year - timing! At least it is good to know that it is a commonly shared problem. We are all on the same boat. I tried to start studying 2 weeks ago without success! I have to find the motivation somehow to go on as of today. The beginning is a very delicate time!

finished up reading through all schweser books yesterday. Will be starting on CFAI text after superbowl

Gutsy MP3. HOLLA CHUCK - BEAT THIS B CHRIS BREEZY STYLE!!!

Registered on first day allowed. Still have not started ! Each time I start one reading, I say I hate it, let me start with another one. I am hoping to start seriously tommorw, going to shoot for 350 hours, what do you guys think about it?

Started studying last weekend. I think I’m little too late since I don’t get much time to study on weekdays after work!!! Anyone else with me in this boat!?

Just started last weekend. Kudos to those who began last November. I hope you guys don’t get burnt out in the end. Last year I started around Christmas and was running on fumes in May.