Anyone know anything about these hedge funds?

Does any1 know anything about the following hedge funds from an employment point of view? JP morgan, Goldman Sachs, Bridgewater, DE Shaw, Farallon. Which would be most preferred and why? Do they generally only employ Ivy leaguers? Anyone with any insight or knowledge of interview processes, resumeration, (particularly from someone who has been for an interview there) would be really welcome.

C’mon - those are all leading hedge funds who are highly selective in their hiring process and almost certainly get most of their talent from recruiters. There are plenty of people at all those places pulling in > 500K and some in seven figures. Unless you are an unbelievable talent (I would know who you are), your chances of getting offers from more than one of those places are miniscule so the question of which is preferred is silly. Edit: In fact, asking this question suggests that you are not in the ballpark of people who are hired there for any analyst roles.

well, thanks for the reply but there actually there is method in my madness. i’m interested in on of them in particular, but was trying to diguise it amongst the other names. they are generally so secretive it would be hard to be well prepared if you were ever invited for an interview. if you get my point.

DE Shaw, State Street, etc. does some back office recruiting at some top 10 undergrad universities. They only look at 3.7/4.0+ GPAs or higher. But Back office isn’t where most want to work. In any event, getting front office roles in those places need a T10 MBA.

sternwolf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DE Shaw, State Street, etc. does some back office > recruiting at some top 10 undergrad universities. > They only look at 3.7/4.0+ GPAs or higher. But > Back office isn’t where most want to work. > > In any event, getting front office roles in those > places need a T10 MBA. sold on the top 10 MBA. DE Shaw could care less if you graduated from community college if you have an 800 SAT math. In fact, I was talking to a guy at a broker function from DE Shaw who did windows certification training before he started there, but like everyone else with a front office job at DE Shaw, he had an 800 SAT math. State Street may value a T10 MBA though…

By back office DE shaw/statestreet/Blackrock, etc., I meant top 10 undergrad business universities. With extensive back office experience. Skill in Math and Stats is considered essential for DE Shaw recruitment. Know someone who works there with finance degree, and a perfect 4.0 in dual math/stats degrees.

i know DE is VEY quant orientated but apparently they’ll even take a genius in music. - looks like theres no hope for me or 25m other mortals then. so its back to the planning board.

I’ll admit it, I think I want to work at Goldman’s hedge fund. It feels good to get that off my chest.

I’d give up my pinkie toe to work at one of those firms.

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sternwolf Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > DE Shaw, State Street, etc. does some back > office > > recruiting at some top 10 undergrad > universities. > > They only look at 3.7/4.0+ GPAs or higher. But > > Back office isn’t where most want to work. > > > > In any event, getting front office roles in > those > > places need a T10 MBA. > > > sold on the top 10 MBA. DE Shaw could care less > if you graduated from community college if you > have an 800 SAT math. In fact, I was talking to a > guy at a broker function from DE Shaw who did > windows certification training before he started > there, but like everyone else with a front office > job at DE Shaw, he had an 800 SAT math. State > Street may value a T10 MBA though… An 800 Math SAT? Most of the people I know at DE Shaw were the geeks (like me) who competed in math meets all the time growing up. An 800 math SAT is pretty trivial for that group. Anyway, none of those groups seem particularly secretive to me. Ask about the one you’re interested in and we’ll help you with it. Or send me e-mail. joeydvivre@yahoo.com

Ever heard of Jeff Bezos?

How about SAC Capital, CT ? Is it a good place to be and a good name to have on a Resume?

I know someone who works there. He has seen people throw up before meetings and also turn white in meetings. There are also heart defibulators throughout the office. I have no doubt that he is telling the truth.