anyone know where to get Q bank ?

is there any free online source? thanks

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,700761

On top of that Schweser is a sponsor of this board… nice try though.

Take a glance back through the ethics section when you get a minute.

kevin.venanzi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Take a glance back through the ethics section when > you get a minute. Poor judgement yes… ethics violation no.

there was actually a question about it in one of the june 2008 mocks and it was determined to be a violation I-A: Knowledge of the Law, IIRC

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there was actually a question about it in one of > the june 2008 mocks and it was determined to be a > violation > > I-A: Knowledge of the Law, IIRC Hmm… I’m skeptical about this. I just took a look at I-A again and question this. Under this broad application would downloading pirated mp3’s also be considered a violation? The same intellectual copyright laws are being broken. Wasn’t there also a question in the mocks about a DUI and it was found to not be a violation whereas if you are convicted of a felony… IE murder it would be.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > supersharpshooter Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > there was actually a question about it in one > of > > the june 2008 mocks and it was determined to be > a > > violation > > > > I-A: Knowledge of the Law, IIRC > > Hmm… I’m skeptical about this. I just took a > look at I-A again and question this. > > Under this broad application would downloading > pirated mp3’s also be considered a violation? The > same intellectual copyright laws are being broken. > > > Wasn’t there also a question in the mocks about a > DUI and it was found to not be a violation whereas > if you are convicted of a felony… IE murder it > would be. I checked my answer sheet from the June '08 sample exam #3. It says photocopying copyrighted materials is a violation of law, and then cites 1-A. Both the person who made the photocopy and the person who used the copied materials were determined to be guilty of an ethics violation.

sharpshooter, Would you mind posting the question up? I’d like to take a look at it. Thanks.

I only have a copy of the answer sheet but I can tell you the premise of the question: Two people are studying for a CFA exam, they split the cost of a third-party study package. Person A photocopies it and uses the original notes. Person B uses the photocopies. Then it asks whether any of them are guilty of an ethics/SPC violation.

This looks like the same or a very similar question: http://bbs.cfaspace.com/TopicOther.asp?t=5&BoardID=103&id=70065

Here’s a similar situation. This question is from Qbank. Q: “A CFA charterholder is caught shoplifting and is sentenced to nine months in prison. Is this a violation of Standard I(D) Misconduct?” A) Yes, because the crime involved stealing. B) Yes, because the prison sentence is more than six months. C) No, because the crime does not relate to the investment profession. Your answer: A was correct! Explanation: “Any act involving lying, cheating, stealing, or other dishonest conduct that reflects adversely on the charterholder’s professional activities is a violation of Standard I(D). Although the crime did not relate to the investment profession, it certainly reflected adversely on the charterholder professionally.”

kevin.venanzi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here’s a similar situation. This question is from > Qbank. > > Q: > “A CFA charterholder is caught shoplifting and is > sentenced to nine months in prison. Is this a > violation of Standard I(D) Misconduct?” > > A) Yes, because the crime involved stealing. > > B) Yes, because the prison sentence is more than > six months. > > C) No, because the crime does not relate to the > investment profession. > > Your answer: A was correct! > > Explanation: > “Any act involving lying, cheating, stealing, or > other dishonest conduct that reflects adversely on > the charterholder’s professional activities is a > violation of Standard I(D). Although the crime did > not relate to the investment profession, it > certainly reflected adversely on the charterholder > professionally.” This example is pretty obvious but my question then becomes, would downloading mp3’s be an ethics violation? What about burning a copy of a friend’s cd? Same concept.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kevin.venanzi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Here’s a similar situation. This question is > from > > Qbank. > > > > Q: > > “A CFA charterholder is caught shoplifting and > is > > sentenced to nine months in prison. Is this a > > violation of Standard I(D) Misconduct?” > > > > A) Yes, because the crime involved stealing. > > > > B) Yes, because the prison sentence is more > than > > six months. > > > > C) No, because the crime does not relate to > the > > investment profession. > > > > Your answer: A was correct! > > > > Explanation: > > “Any act involving lying, cheating, stealing, > or > > other dishonest conduct that reflects adversely > on > > the charterholder’s professional activities is > a > > violation of Standard I(D). Although the crime > did > > not relate to the investment profession, it > > certainly reflected adversely on the > charterholder > > professionally.” > > > This example is pretty obvious but my question > then becomes, would downloading mp3’s be an ethics > violation? What about burning a copy of a friend’s > cd? Same concept. You’re right. I guess it just depends on the situation. Just because a single mp3 may only cost $.99 compared to the $300 or so for Qbank, downloading the mp3 for free doesn’t really make it any less illegal than downloading Qbank.

• “felony” is not just murder - even simple larcecy (theft) is a felony + by downloading tracks you’re also depriving thousands of muso’s all that extra coke they could be rightfully snorting. Rehab centres is growth industry (& recession-proof) so we need to support them… back to Qbank - somewhat useful for L1, but a waste of time for L2/L3 because it’s way too simplistic - imho

Let me get this straight: 2 people (supersharpshooter & kevin.venanzi) who agreed that it would be a violation to break copyright protections (in the context of study materials) illustrated why they were right by posting copyright-protected questions (thereby breaking the copyright-protections, themselves)? I can’t be the only one who noticed that, can I?

LMAO I saw that too… Oh the irony…

Scribd.com is an amazing site. What anyone does there is their own business. Google Books used to be quite a good resource, too. Not so much anymore, but you can always find tidbits if you look hard enough.

I like scribd but more and more I’m coming across ads to purchase the article I’m looking for. I also get tired of finding a document only to realize that the person that uploaded has not given download or printing privileges.