Anyone looking for analyst roles in Sydney?

Hi all, anyone looking for analyst roles in Sydney? I’m currently on the search and not finding much out there. Anyone in a similar situation?

@BrookCC: I have been looking for analyst roles for approximately two years, they seem to be advertised fairly regularly, but almost always want 3-5+ years experience. I have barely seen anything for junior/associate analysts, and even when they come up, the recruiters i have spoken to have said there is inevitably 200+ applications.

It’s obviously not a great market at the moment, everyone I have spoken to has basically said its a matter of continuing to network, work hard, try to get CFA and hopefully something will break your way.

Good luck!

I can confirm both points that 1. most junior roles require some experience and 2. you would be up against 200~300+ candidates easily. I was on the other side of the table earlier this year and that’s exactly what happened. Job ad up for 5 days, we recieved 304 applications. This includes some really sound resume that is willing to take a substantial paycut from their last job.

Sydney isn’t a great job market at the moment. Limited hiring and most positions were taken before it even hits the market. You really need some local network…

Good luck.

I’ve heard the same from recruiters and employers in Sydney (200+applicants). Thinking of moving to London, anyone recently moved from Sydney to London and have a comparison on the job market for CFA candidates with ~3 years experience?