anyone pass L2 with CFAI only + finquiz for testing

Congratulations for making it to L3! you guys are superstars! I’m a first time L2 candidate who opted out of studying from schweser from all the horror stories i read/heard about studying purely from schweser. Started studying from CFAI but have one concern, Practice questions, lack thereof mainly. For L1, i used schweser Qbank extensively + CFAI EOC + All the mocks i could find. This time i only have CFAI EOC which are few + finquiz. My concern is that those who failed L2 1st time using schweser then switched to CFAI passed not because of CFAI use but because of the double studying. Which brings me to my question: Anyone use CFAI ONLY and pass first try with no schweser and perhaps with finquiz or anything else? Thank you for your time and best of luck

why be cheap bro? what’s the price tag you put on PASSING L2?! just get the qbank and the mocks !

i used schweser mainly, only read the CFAI books on parts I was confused. I felt that was a much more efficient way to study. ---------------------------------------------------

Its basically how well versed are you with the material. To ask who used what materials exclusively (or not) without understanding their background would be misleading. Also, you have to know how many hours a week can you devote to your studies. I’m was a second timer for L2. I found it pretty good to study schweser to get the main idea (as there are some sections in CFAI that I was completely lost in what they were tlking about. CFAI tends to go into really really really detail examples). Schweser, the way they break down the material by LOS allows me to focus on each LOS and then I go back to CFAI to read the details. Think of schweser as a summary. I read the summary to get the main idea, and then go into the CFAI so I don’t get lost. On my second time around in lvl 2, I basically just worked, ate, studied, slept. 7 days a week (just studied almost all day on weekends). No life balance, just went terminator style for 9 months (took a 3-month break). But I was lucky as I had no family obligations but studying after work was a pain.

Studying from curriculum is really time taking. More importantly, it is very difficult to retain information from so many pages. I think studying from Schweser notes is way better than studying from curriculum. Though make sure that you do EOC of curriculum. Finquiz adds value in a different way but your base should be Schweser Notes. However, Schweser Qbank of LII is no way as much helpful as Qbank of L1.

sungirl27 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congratulations for making it to L3! you guys are > superstars! > > I’m a first time L2 candidate who opted out of > studying from schweser from all the horror stories > i read/heard about studying purely from schweser. > > Started studying from CFAI but have one concern, > Practice questions, lack thereof mainly. For L1, i > used schweser Qbank extensively + CFAI EOC + All > the mocks i could find. > > This time i only have CFAI EOC which are few + > finquiz. > > My concern is that those who failed L2 1st time > using schweser then switched to CFAI passed not > because of CFAI use but because of the double > studying. Which brings me to my question: Anyone > use CFAI ONLY and pass first try with no schweser > and perhaps with finquiz or anything else? > > Thank you for your time and best of luck i hate when wannabe’s start with the whole “Congratulations for making it to L3! you guys are superstars!”. Its quite obvious this is a leech’s question, just ask it as such without the brownosing.

im with builders on this one, although I didnt appreciate him bragging about passing the 7.

NYCGorilla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > im with builders on this one, although I didnt > appreciate him bragging about passing the 7. i wasnt bragging i was just saying…the 7 is by no means an accomplishment but for those who need to pass it (for those with jobs in ER, which is where a lot of people one this forum want to be but arent due to a lack of talent), how to do so quickly and efficiently.

I passed all levels with CFAI books and Qbank (only for II and III, and Qbank is worthless for level III). You should be fine with the EOC questions and the mock/practice tests and quizzes. The thing I would stress is to go over the examples that are found within the CFAI readings themselves, as those types of problems specifically tend to show up on the exams…

for reference, was not brown-nosing. it is quite the accomplishment, no shame in being proud of passing a gruesome exam. perhaps all the studying has dulled ur spirits. Anyho, i have purchase schweser notes but have not touched them, sticking to CFAI completely so far. thanks for those who replied versus those who went of on an irrelevant tangent

Many people here say to not use Schweser and to use CFAI. I tried to read CFAI texts for L1 & L2 but I just could not do it, way to long winded. I only used CFAI on Level II for the EOC’s I used the Q bank on L1 & 2 but Q-bank sucked for L2. I did not find finquiz until almost May I was impressed, but only had time to use them for one chapter. I have signed up with them for Level III. I would have not passed L2 without using the following sample questions: CFAI, EOC’s, Mocks, Samples and Schweser Mocks. So if you do Finquiz make sure you also do the previous list. Make sure you master all of the EOC’s on FRA and Equity best think I did was hit those EOC’s for a thrid time in the last few days.

I feel like Ive tried it all. For the first Level I went through all the CFAI books first. And then I went through all the Stalla notes. Passed the exam. Afterthoughts were: Reading through the CFAI books page by page was a waste of time. On that thought, for Level 2 (I switched to Schweser this time) - I only went through the Schweser material. However, I also took their online classes which helped a LOT. But barely touched my CFAI books this time around and still ended up passing. I used the Qbank a lot and tried to do as many practice exams --> I cannot stress how important that is. For Level 3 I’m planning on starting a bit earlier (as in NOW) and again going through all the schweser notes and classes then finishing my first passthrough in 3 months. Then I plan to start the practice exams a lot earlier and finding areas Im weak in, and just for those I will read the CFAI books extensively. That is the path the past 2 years of studying for CFA has brought me to. Perhaps you want to try that out too. Of course, different things work for different people.

thank u all for contuing to answer, very helpful.

i passed solely with the CFAI material (on the 1st try)

CFAI is all you need yo yo, no finquiz

great job! practice solely from EOC?

yes sir! attack FRA and Equity, ignore Quant and Econ, read Ethics like a mad man the last week.

NYCGorilla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yes sir! attack FRA and Equity, ignore Quant and > Econ, read Ethics like a mad man the last week. Interesting. never heard that before, the part about Quant and Econ that is. Gluck with L3

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sungirl27 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Congratulations for making it to L3! you guys > are > > superstars! > > > > I’m a first time L2 candidate who opted out of > > studying from schweser from all the horror > stories > > i read/heard about studying purely from > schweser. > > > > Started studying from CFAI but have one > concern, > > Practice questions, lack thereof mainly. For L1, > i > > used schweser Qbank extensively + CFAI EOC + > All > > the mocks i could find. > > > > This time i only have CFAI EOC which are few + > > finquiz. > > > > My concern is that those who failed L2 1st time > > using schweser then switched to CFAI passed not > > because of CFAI use but because of the double > > studying. Which brings me to my question: > Anyone > > use CFAI ONLY and pass first try with no > schweser > > and perhaps with finquiz or anything else? > > > > Thank you for your time and best of luck > > i hate when wannabe’s start with the whole > “Congratulations for making it to L3! you guys are > superstars!”. Its quite obvious this is a leech’s > question, just ask it as such without the > brownosing. hahahaha - are you really suggesting that being a L3 candidate makes you worthy of being brownosed? Get off your high horse dude.

NYCGorilla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yes sir! attack FRA and Equity, ignore Quant and > Econ, read Ethics like a mad man the last week. I’d ditto your points but obviously you can’t ignore anything, Econ (FX rates) are tested in Econ, Derivs and Portfolio so best practice is to get that subject down ASAP. I think one main reason I got through L2 was that I scored 100% on Quant, not because I’m a “quant” far from it, I studied the subject hard and memorized all of the narrative quant LOS’s.