anyone passed Lvl II on the first try?

I did. Followed CFAI books. Started Nov 07. Qbank April 08. Practice tests May 08.

Started studying in March. Used CFAI books largely but bought Book 6. Would lock myeslf in the study room from 19hr45 to 11hr30(my 2.5yr daughter hated me for this) Am an equity analyst, and MSc Finance & Investment, but still I really felt damn tired at teh end. Dont know how I passed Fixed Income because I never touched the book.

I started as soon as I got Level I results on January 23rd. Consistently studied 10-12 hours each week, focused on understanding concepts and their relationships, huge fan of Secret Sauce and AF.

I did .Started my prep in FEB after getting my L1 results .Prepared from schweser notes , CFAI end of chapter problems and schweser book 6 +CFA-mock/sample exams . Took 1 week off from work before the exam . Didn’t get enough time to practice from Q-bank . I would recommend CFAI curriculum practice questions.

tito26 that’s a great link! thank you for sharing it here…

I found out I passed level I Jan 23rd dragged ass until late feb registered for level II started studying in early march. Used Stalla, and the CFA exams. Bascially I busted my ass and had no social life until the exam. I went throuht all the lectures, read the Stalla books cover to cover, did all the pass master problems, and took the Stalla practice exams twice, and all the CFAI exams (was frustrated with those b/c you couldn’t really go over them as they would ive yo the answwrs but not the questons for review.0 Stalla worked for me but I felt thier practice exam were a little weak. Leaving the exam I though I failed so was very very very very happy to see a pass.

started Feb 1 after L1 results hit Studdied 10 hours during the week (plus a 3 hours course on Tuesdays) and 6-8 on weekends for Feb-late April Ramped up to 12 during the week and 10-12 on weekends for late April through test day

this is a great topic with some useful advices. thanks guys!

Passed w/ a fried brain… my plan: 1. Schweser Study Books 2. Schweser DVD’s - very time consuming, but gives great birds eye view and often info on most testable material) 3. A NYSSA Class - try to be totally through the material before attending class, i wasn’t and I never completely caught up) 4. All of Schweser and CFAI Mock/Quiz exams in vignette form - Go over them repeatedly, the logic behind the answers, and the formulas needed to complete them. They are the best gauge of where you are (or should be) in relation to the material. I spent quite a bit of cash on the above material (employer doesn’t reimburse…ugh), but have no regrets. Removing any of the above might have changed my outcome. I believe being “penny wise, pound foolish”, especially w/ the mock exams, is a recipe for disaster. Would you spend an extra $500 to save yourself 300 hours of study? I know I would. For L3, I plan to follow the same plan of attack, but get an earlier start…perhaps I’ll throw in a little “secret sauce” and a more aggressive study schedule early on.