anyone studying ECO?

Those who are studying ECO, gather here please I started off studying Eco but Im being too lazy in keeping up with the schedule. Need a push by having a study mate.

I’m getting my freak on with Econ. I just finished reading the three quant chapters and making notes on the LOS. Definitely going to need to go over that section another time, or two, or three. Econ comes pretty easy to me as I majored in it in undergrad. I’ve read and made notes on the first three sections and so far nothing too overwhelming at all, even to the inexperienced (although we all must have experience now being at lvl2). What reading are you on? If you’re tight for time I just suggest do one reading a night (as they are pretty small so far), make some notes on the LOS as you go and take your time. The only thing I’m not liking is that after three readings there hasn’t been ANY end of chapter questions at all. Anyways man, unfortunately it is up to you to find a way to get motivated, and once you do don’t lose that feeling and focus as much as you can. Just set some simple goals for yourself.

Reggie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m getting my freak on with Econ. dont smoke that Reggie Bush brah, it’s bad for the health.

I just finished up Econ. Nothing too hard. The last half of the Econ section covers FX spot and forwrd rates. As long as you take the time to do the practice problem you should be fine.

Haha, students in the ‘Economics Society’ (a club formed within my major at university) sold t-shirts, in my last year, that said “Getting my Freak-on with Econ” and “Economists do it with models” I bought both shirts and neither has gotten me laid so far :frowning:

Try taking on econometrics. You may get lucky because chicks love nerds. Smart is the new sexy.

“Smart is the new sexy.” haha, not bad. I already completed Econs. Trying to get myself excited to study FRA. I agree with philly2008’s statement. No biggie.

Econ should definitely be a Schweser read and NOT cfai imho. Only EOC questions from CFAI and pointed reading for elaboration of misunderstood topics.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Econ should definitely be a Schweser read and NOT > cfai imho. Only EOC questions from CFAI and > pointed reading for elaboration of misunderstood > topics. I’ll read all of the CFAI books, but I agree with this. I’ve read the econ topics already, and the readings on FX spots and exchange rate theory we’re pretty awful for such basic ideas. I’ll read them again, but those readings were the ones that convinced me to do Schweser again. FYI- I really hate the EUR:USD, USD:EUR notation that this section uses.