Anyone studying in minneapolis or St.Paul for level 1?

Anyone studying in minneapolis or St.Paul for level 1?

Yes.

how many buy side or i banks are there in Minneapolis? I know piper is there, as well as some other shops, but is there a giid capital markets scene there? just curious. i got to rd 3 with one firm but they went with local skill instead : ( - honestly, being from miami and east coast, i think i am too much a wuss to handle those winters!!!

vparthas-twin cities, not L1 though. daj-Piper is probably best known, there seem to be quite a few other shops around though, not so much in i-banking that I know of. You nailed it, winters are brrrrrrutal

so where do you live? This is my first attempt…thought it would be good to know someone to discuss topics. what is ur mail id?

geez stalker… I live in SW Mpls, work downtown. If you have questions post them on up, KJH (also MN) knows pretty much everything pertaining to L1. You can get a study group together by emailing the local society or tracking down other L1 people around here.

V I sent you an email awhile back. Did you get one from Kevin? Otherwise its Kevinh109 at gmail.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how many buy side or i banks are there in > Minneapolis? I know piper is there, as well as > some other shops, but is there a giid capital > markets scene there? > > just curious. i got to rd 3 with one firm but they > went with local skill instead : ( - > > honestly, being from miami and east coast, i think > i am too much a wuss to handle those > winters!!! Daj, There are a ton of small shops in Minneapolis. The well known places are Piper, RBC Dain, Wells, US Bank, Ameriprise, etc. However if you play around in the MN Society website you’ll see a ton of small operations included buyside shops, ibanks (I cold called a ton when I wanted to be a banker), am, etc. I’m happy with my location. No one gets used to the winter despite what you hear. 20 degrees is tolerable, but less than that will bring most Minnesotans to their knees.

dont think i got a mail from u…