Anyone taking Level II exam after just passing Level I in December 2011?

After a bit of rage this evening, it is apparent that I have no chance of passing this exam. i got a 65 on the only practice exam i took. I have no idea how anyone who just passed the level I exam could have the time to adequately prepare for level II in such a short time. I’m so dissapointed because I have no doubt wasted the last 4 months of my life for nothing!! Sorry to vent, but this is just ridiculous and are the tests only offered once a year?? I have never failed anything in my life, but I certainly will on Saturday!

65 is probably a pass or very close to it… so you stand a good chance but i hear you man i am in your situation and feel so overwhelmed and dont think i stand a great chance and i passed lvl1 with <70 in all section and was convinced i was gonna pass. this one feel quite the opposite!

65 is very OK. Suggest you take as more mock questions as you can.

There are many many people have the same situation with you: register for L2 immediately after the pass of L1, like me.

Think positive.

i wrote a post on this same topic a few days ago. the cfai text is so lengthy that I felt like I couldn’t take my time to learn something really well because I had to move onto the next topic, then when I came back to review everything with a month left, I’d forgotten everything. I’ve had no time to do the EOC questions and no mocks because I had to review everything a second time. Yeah, a complete waste of 4 months. i’ve already been through the first 4 of the 5 stages of grief (denial, anger, dealing, grief) and now have accepted my fate. doesn’t mean i’m not gonna try on exam day though.

but a 65% on a mock? that’s right there for passing. that should be encouraging actually. not sure what you’re so discouraged about.

If it’s the actual cfa mock you’ll be fine. I got 78 in my last schweser mock and only 63 in the first paper of cfa I did earlier, which has totally freaked me out. I sat L 1 in December too, they should really give the results earlier to give you a proper shot at L2

Yea, I also passed level 1 in december and now i m taking level 2 this saturday altough i know i got few chances…(60% mock exams)… almost none :slight_smile:

for those of you who passed level 1 in december and are takin level 2 this saturday, are u full time working? i think this makes a huge difference and i would like to know every situation of yours.

Thx guys, best of luck!

Yea, I also passed level 1 in december and now i m taking level 2 this saturday altough i know i got few chances…(60% mock exams)… almost none :slight_smile:

for those of you who passed level 1 in december and are takin level 2 this saturday, are u full time working? i think this makes a huge difference and i would like to know every situation of yours.

Thx guys, best of luck!

i know that feel, bro. angry F THIS EXAM EWOIAFOPIFEJHWA;OIH;OIFMC;LNPWEPIBU crying

[original post removed]

Yep…Working full time. Doing MBA and this…I am getting tired…Losing some hope for Level 2…Oh well…I will make sure to give a good fight…

I’m working full time too, no MBA though… that really is overdoing it man, unless a lot of it is overlapping. I basically spent my weekends and weeknights studying and now I got a terrible sinus infection which is messing up my concentration for the exam. Murphy’s law is really hitting me in the face now lol! Who knows maybe we’ll all get lucky :slight_smile:

I’m working full time too, no MBA though… that really is overdoing it man, unless a lot of it is overlapping. I basically spent my weekends and weeknights studying and now I got a terrible sinus infection which is messing up my concentration for the exam. Murphy’s law is really hitting me in the face now lol! Who knows maybe we’ll all get lucky :slight_smile:

To be honest, I’m not sure how good of a predictor the mock exams are given that they can only ask you 120 questions on all 18 study sessions. I think you would have to do enough mock exams that would capture all of the material of the curriculum before you can say they’re a good metric of your retained knowledge. Otherwise, they’re a crapshoot because the actual exam can ask you a completely different set of 120 questions. The real benefit to them, I think, is that they teach you how to read the vignettes and answer questions in the actual exam format.

Passed L1 in dec 2011 and started studying for L2 in mid-feb. Work full-time. Not sure how many hours Ive put in, but its definitely over 300 by now. It’s been a beating to say the least.

Have taken four mocks total. two schweser, 2011 cfai and 2012 cfai. In order got 59%, 58%, 69%, 68%. Took the 12 mock on wednesday, so hopefully ive crammed enough info in my head since then to get above 70 but who knows.

At this point, I’m just ready to let the binge drinking begin. Going to do absolutely nothing for a week. Good luck to all you dec level 1 passers! Worst case is you don’t pass and it was like a good study session and practice.

thats what i tell myself that at least by not giving up despite the short time frame at least if i were to do level II again i would have already studied it in depth once which should make it easier next june if i had to do it again but i still hope that i will not!