Anyone think this guy is legit?

http://www.armholdingsllc.com/index.php

yes

Honestly I can’t imagine him not getting hired to any entry level buy side or research position he applies to. Yes, he does not apparently have a strong educational background but then again, most of what people in this industry do is fairly basic. Yes, there is some chance that he is FOS and just lucky. But there’s also some chance that he is innately gifted and inexplicably legit. So, the risk to a buyside firm is this, you may hire some over confident, bad employee. This happens frequently. BUT, by not hiring him you may miss hiring the next major PM that could 5-10 years from now bring major AUM into the firm. A quick comparison says to me he should be hired.

Seems obnoxious. I wouldn’t want to work with anyone who puts quotes on his resume, let alone his own quotes. He also has dangerously Aleksey Vayner-like achievements referenced in his newspaper articles (“Two or three weekends ago, I sat down and I put in 30 hours of straight reading books and going through my companies,” he said. “I’ll sort through like 500 or 600 companies a weekend.”). He didn’t have to go far to impress me - I’m pretty strongly biased to like value investors - but this guy seems like a knob. Anyone so interested in coming across as brilliant rarely is. EDIT: He also cites his own quotes all over his website, and the links to his blog are password protected. No, no, no, no. The other guy you posted was like a million times better. Very little talk, lots of walk from that guy. This guy is the opposite.

This guy lacks professionalism…his work experience consists of ‘not losing money’…what a joke with his background and abilities…I don’t see why he doesn’t make a typical CV and leverage Purdue to the way it should be used rather than looking like a tool

just a try hard overconfident goof.

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just a try hard overconfident goof. That was a bit harsh, while I follow a similar philosophy the way he presents himself irks me. Also I figure if you look like an unshaven geek you may not want to have your picture posted everywhere.

haha you guys are hilarious i couldn’t agree more

See, this is why I’m always harsh. I try being optimistic once and everyone disagrees with me. Bologna.

Oozes confidence in a way that’s more likely to attract a right cross than a callback. ARM Holdings? Creative… What’s the organizational structure? He’s the GP of several LPs, yet doesn’t mention his performance record as a PM nor AUM…hope he’s investing more than tuition money. He revamped GE as an intern, saving $1M…going to assume that’s $1k not $1 million but valiant effort. The overview sounds like the buzzword page of a resume-building website. It’s great to manage risk, but if your only goal is “to not lose money” you’re not gonna pull in much. A bank or mattress can do that.

I think this quote from his LinkedIn page sums it up: “I was advised to see psychological counseling and several teachers are still likely concerned about my well-being.” His page: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=51478465&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=Ct7y&locale=en_US&srchid=459ad327-ea3a-4807-b4b0-9bf995dd7073-0&srchindex=1&srchtotal=1&goback=.fps_PBCK_glen+bradford+arm+holdings_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link

You can tell his age, just from reading that blog. If he grows some maturity and tames the overconfidence, the sky’s the limit.