anyone think this kid is legit?

http://schn1eck7.wordpress.com/

In what way? He states he is a student. Sure, why not?

Wow 19 years old, suppose fair play

Spent about 5 minutes reading his site and already decided I like him. Best “I want to be an analyst, here is my attempt at research” page I’ve read so far.

yeah i kind of agree supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Spent about 5 minutes reading his site and already > decided I like him. Best “I want to be an > analyst, here is my attempt at research” page I’ve > read so far.

His take on Netflix is way off. I don’t disagree with his conclusion - that it may be over-valued - but the way he got there is completely wrong. “A” for effort though.

I read zero of his analyses from start to finish. But from the two or three I skimmed, as well as his homepage commentary and writing style, I would take a guess and say: -He approaches investing logically -It sounds like he’s been interested in investing for a long time, as he’s past the first part of the learning curve (knows a good chunk of the lingo, probably knows how to dig through the basics of a financial statement) -He follows what’s going on in the industry far more than most 19-year-olds. Most importantly, this kid comes across with way more humility than almost all the viral videos/resumes from college students who want to be in finance. That’ll go a long way towards him learning whatever part of the business he may break into. If I had to hire a 19 year old intern, I’d give him a call.

At least it’s a huge contrast compared with the Luis Caselles of the world.

Yeah, he’s well on his way. No idea if he’s the second coming of Warren Buffet, but he has clearly read enough stuff about finance to learn the basics. I’m impressed with what I saw coming from a 19 year old. When I was 19 the only thing I was looking to discount was beer and fat chicks.