Anyone want to call a DJIA bottom?

9000? I pray to God it goes no lower than that…

10600 is a bottom

It has to be lower than 10.5 k We have’nt even started with regional banks. They too followed the big Ibanks in the mortgage party. And the credit card mess is also just starting. Not to forget the student loans. Still some time for the bottom, guys

sticking my neck out and still saying 10600 is a solid solid base

I’m sticking to my Lou Dobbs thesis. Given that he was flipping out and this whole thing is mainstream news, the bottom is about 10,600. I’m pretty confident about this. Willy

ZERO…

All we need now is an external shock. I hope you’re not watching Osama.

I’m thinking 8-9k. Something else will pop here.

sid3699 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It has to be lower than 10.5 k > > We have’nt even started with regional banks. They > too followed the big Ibanks in the mortgage party. > > > And the credit card mess is also just starting. > > Not to forget the student loans. > > Still some time for the bottom, guys I don’t see credit cards and student loans as much of an issue. Proper regulation has not been much of a problem with those two products. Let’s hope Americans decided to pay their credit cards before their mortgages over the past few years. I’m sure Sallie Mae will be brought to question in the next few weeks.

Have to agree with approx 10.6k. Fundamentals have gone completely out of the window, people are scared sh!tless, vix is sky high and wall street carnage is being spoken of by joe-shoes on main street.

dresch88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All we need now is an external shock. I hope > you’re not watching Osama. So true man…I didn’t even think about that.

I remember back in March, many experts were saying that we’d climb back to 14k. Shows how fickle this economy is…

I’m starting to think 10.6K was a good call.

Are you all high?? You think the near term future prospects of US economy (or global economy for that matter) are soooo positive that the market has nowhere to go but up? Half a week of drops does not solve the valuation problems building for a few years. I’m not saying we’re going to see huge drops, but calling this a bottom is a bit premature don’t you think?

If they keep replacing every outgoing AIG with Kraft … DJIA can bottom >10K

We will get a cute little dead cat bounce and then it will REALLY go to hell. :slight_smile:

-hope Americans decided to pay their credit cards before their mortgages over the past few years. are you joking? Originally, i was thinking i would go with 9k, but KoolBen makes a good point.

You DON"T guess the bottom!! After all, how many people can buy at the bottom? Only genius and real lucky guys. Trade with trend and momentum. From what is happening, the bottom is still far from today. just my 0.02

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m starting to think 10.6K was a good call. Ha…me too…I hope I’m wrong- we’ll see tomorrow when Paulson unveils his plan.