Anyone watch Mad Men?

Who else saw the season finale last night, and now wishes they weren’t bound by Code of Ethics and could conspire against their employer?

I’ve been a fan since Day 1. It was completely awesome

I love Mad Men, excellent stuff.

Zero interest.

You would like it, it’s a show about how business got done when you were a kid.

Seasons 1 and 2 were great. Season 3 was pretty weak overall though about four of the episodes were interesting (including last night).

Makes me want to start my own consulting firm. I’m pretty sure that McCann would have the rights to the Sterling Cooper name at least if this happened today. Also, all four of them would be subject to drawn out litigation and the possibility of an injuntion agianst them operating the new company.

Great show.

About time for Chad to nuke this one.

Mad Men is AMAZING. I hardly watch TV, don’t have cable and have only followed a handful of shows in my life: X-files, West Wing, 24, and now Man Men. Agree season 3 is hit-or-miss, but a couple of episodes have been outstanding: episode when Don got busted by Betty and the season finale. It will be interesting to see the new agency develop. There have been characters in my professional life that mirror each of the new “partners”. Loved the scene of the two hot shots walking out of Sterling Cooper…and not even locking the door.

The way the season ended, it almost seems like they could call it a series.

gamblingeconomist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Makes me want to start my own consulting firm. > > I’m pretty sure that McCann would have the rights > to the Sterling Cooper name at least if this > happened today. Also, all four of them would be > subject to drawn out litigation and the > possibility of an injuntion agianst them operating > the new company. It sounds like McCann would try to ditch the purchase if it wasn’t in writing yet, leaving the UK firm holding the bag.

yeah I am sure a large part of the value McCann would have perceived in Sterling Cooper would have been the principals and their accounts who left. Since technically the accounts they took belonged to PPL and not to Sterling Cooper, I can’t imagine they’d get away with that these days. I watched it again yesterday

DoubleDip Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah I am sure a large part of the value McCann > would have perceived in Sterling Cooper would have > been the principals and their accounts who left. > Since technically the accounts they took belonged > to PPL and not to Sterling Cooper, I can’t imagine > they’d get away with that these days. I watched > it again yesterday Poison pills and the like are less common than a couple decades ago, but was there anything illegal by today’s standards? Seems like accounts follow the salesman not the firm and this is common practice.