Applying for membership

I applied 3 weeks ago and it looks like my work experience is approved but status is “Under Review - Society.” Does this mean that all I’m waiting for is approval from my local CFA society? According to their website, they do approvals once a month except in July and August.

Yes - my CFA society just approved mine today. What city society did you register under (if you don’t mind me asking)? Trying to see if there is a pattern of approvals vs. non-approvals, as I seem to have applied around the same time as you (around 3 weeks ago)

i applied in Boston. I just took a look at the FAQs on their website and it says applications generally take 4-6 weeks for approval.

Ok - I applied in Toronto, so no correlation there that I can make from there

I kinda wish they didn’t approve of it so early, cause now it’s making me more worried about the results!

I honestly think they are trying to go through as many as they can before the results so they don’t have any more back log than necessary after the results. Just my two cents. I don’t think it has anything to do with the money. I would think all candidates realize they don’t have to pay until after they get their results. I really do think they are just trying to stay ahead of the rush as much as possible. For all we know the department that approves work experience may not be able to see results. Remember anyone can apply once they have passed level 1 and have the appropriate work experience.

Yes, i have the same thing and my membership was approved today by the society, and i have zeroes on the row of society approved experience. I believe there is nothing further to do except to pay membership dues to activate it.

Boston local society review date is 8/10.