Applying for multiple positions at a firm?

I found a position (entry-level) posted on a job site for an independent research firm, I applied, and got an email from the recruiting coordinator saying I had to fill out the application on their site, as well. I couldn’t find the job, and when I notified her, she said that the job isn’t technically available yet, and in the next few weeks, will be posted on their site, and apply for it at that time. My question is, is it ok in the mean time to apply for another position I found on their careers page? Most of the time, I realize the resume just gets lost in the shuffle, so I was thinking about letting her know that one of the other positions also interested me, and that I would like to be considered for it (for me, I just want to get a start in the field, I’m in the last year of college and am looking to get my foot in the door somewhere). Both of the positions (the one currently posted, and the one that will be available in a few weeks) require the same skills and qualifications, and the job descriptions don’t differ much. Is it ok to ask to be considered for the other position in addition to wanting to apply for the position that will be available to apply for in a few weeks? I figure, since they aren’t that different, and I’m just looking to get a start in the field, it should be ok. But I also don’t want to seem undecided or applying just for the sake of applying. As always, thanks for the help.

It’s totally fine and there is no reason you can’t apply and re-apply for multiple jobs. I know a guy who was hired at my old firm who had applied for at least 10 jobs. He turned out to be pretty good too.

most of these ‘jobs’ are teasers … to get your resume …many of them actually dont exist … her reply is telling you exactly just that!

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s totally fine and there is no reason you can’t > apply and re-apply for multiple jobs. I know a > guy who was hired at my old firm who had applied > for at least 10 jobs. He turned out to be pretty > good too. Good to know. Thanks, Joey! I’ve found it difficult to get in contact with a recruiter from a firm via email, so, now that someone actually responded, just want to make the most of it.