Approved by CFAI, rejected by Society: has it ever happened?

I’m waiting to hear back from my local society after being approved for full membership by CFAI over a month ago, and my paranoia is getting the best of me. It took a while to finally get my application approved by CFAI (was denied twice after passing Level 3), and I’m getting more and more anxious each day I don’t hear from them. My question is: has anyone experienced (or heard of someone who experienced) being approved by the CFAI but rejected by their local society? Most of my work experience is in treasury, so…not really a slam dunk approval. I had assumed that society approval was pretty much a rubber stamp after CFAI gives the OK, but maybe that’s not the case? Thanks AF.

A lot of people on the forum here were rejected by society, but have no fear, you can find your salvation here

As I understand it, if that happens you have to leave town.

if you don’t hear back from the local society within 45 days it’s deemed approved if I recall correctly. I had a similar experience – never heard from local society after approval from CFAI. Check w/ CFAI first. I’m not 100% sure if I’m remembering correctly.

SmokeyJoeWood Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m waiting to hear back from my local society > after being approved for full membership by CFAI > over a month ago, and my paranoia is getting the > best of me. It took a while to finally get my > application approved by CFAI (was denied twice > after passing Level 3), and I’m getting more and > more anxious each day I don’t hear from them. > > My question is: has anyone experienced (or heard > of someone who experienced) being approved by the > CFAI but rejected by their local society? Most of > my work experience is in treasury, so…not really > a slam dunk approval. I had assumed that society > approval was pretty much a rubber stamp after CFAI > gives the OK, but maybe that’s not the case? > > Thanks AF. We ARE watching you.