Approved/Restricted/Watch

Whats the difference between these three lists? My understanding is: Approved: company has favorable opinion and will purchase it for clients Restricted: company doesn’t want to issue a recommendaiton or buy or sell because they are impartial, so they don’t do anything with it Watch: Monitoring a stock that they may want to buy Make sense?

Hmm, My understanding is approved: free to give recommendations and/or trade. restricted: only state factual information, and no trading watch: may trade and recommend, but monitor for possible conflicts of interest

Isura Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmm, My understanding is > > approved: free to give recommendations and/or > trade. > restricted: only state factual information, and no > trading > watch: may trade and recommend, but monitor for > possible conflicts of interest Yours sound more accurate. Why do companies go on the restricted list? Is it because there may be a conflict of interest in issuing an opinion on them because of ties that the two firms may have?