April 4, haven't started yet! Ouch.

I will just go over my notes from last time, and hope that will work. How are the re-takers doing? Wish you all luck.

i just started last week and im taking it first time. So with 2 months to go, im sure you can handle it! care to share your experience of CFA level 2 from last year? what will u be doing differently this year? any specific reason you feel why the exam didnt go well last year? thanks!

Good luck Dreary!

good luck, you can do it!

Good luck to everyone…sk22, I don’t know what happened last year when many good candidates like cpk and map1 failed too. I think my main problem is that I spent too much time on the nitty gritty stuff and the fine details, while not paying enough attention to the big picture. I think I will focus on the concepts this time around.

Yeah I haven’t started yet either (starting April 6th), but I have absolutely nothing to do for the next 2 months but study. I really hope that’s enough time to get my head around the material without burning out. Good luck to all!

Ok so there IS someone else in the same boat as me!! I thought I was gonna be the only one starting today…I’m a retaker too. Full steam from today…

I started about 5 days ago…there is just about enought time to get this thing done. loose sight of it for 2 mre weeks and you are out of the game.

Yep same situation as me, just got my first few chapters done on the weekend. Already behind on my ‘1chapter per weekday 2per day on weekend’ revision plan. I think 1 slack week from now on could prove costly! (started on QM then Eco now onto Corp Finance - leaving fra and ethics till end) good luck everyone

bring that curve down! thanks my man!

Sorry mate, I’m afraid I’m gonna be pushing that curve up come June 5th. U just gave me that extra bit of motivation that I needed. Good luck, see u in the level 3 forum next year!

…speaking of motivation. I think now would be a good time to start a thread about how someone knew someone at their workplace that studied for L2 in 2 months with just the study notes and passed… for ME the “Llama Herder” story was truly motivational.

I’m gonna be done with the curriculum at the beginning of next week and I’m stressed out because I think I’m gonna lack study time to review all the material I’ve ALREADY covered once. I can’t see how someone can pass the test with 2 months of prep… Good luck anyway, but I just can’t see how it can be done, is your name stephen hawkins ? But truly, good luck, you’re gonna need it.

Like I said, for the next two months this is my only obligation (ie. no job or school). I really do like learning about finance and economics. Of course this is going to be hard but while most people are working 9-5, my work will be banging out passmater all day and reading LOS statements. I wish everyone best of luck too, I failed level 1 once and never want to go through that again!

sk22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry mate, I’m afraid I’m gonna be pushing that > curve up come June 5th. U just gave me that extra > bit of motivation that I needed. > Good luck, see u in the level 3 forum next year! +1. With you man, I started couple weeks ago too!

MillowQc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m gonna be done with the curriculum at the > beginning of next week and I’m stressed out > because I think I’m gonna lack study time to > review all the material I’ve ALREADY covered once. > I can’t see how someone can pass the test with 2 > months of prep… > > Good luck anyway, but I just can’t see how it can > be done, is your name stephen hawkins ? > > But truly, good luck, you’re gonna need it. I do understand that Stephen Hawkins would be able to read and understand the material better then us, but turning the pages would bring him down to our speed. Superman would be able to turn the pages faster, but he is dumb as hell. In short, no one has any kind of advantage over you. YOU can DO IT. Finally, all I can say is…Read clever boy read.

for all you girls out there… Read clever girl read

Still haven’t started yet, despite all the motivational (and not so motivational) posts on here, but today, just may be, and it’s only a possibility, that I start preparing. Remember, I prepared like hell the last time, so I know the material, I just need the right state of mind for this task. GLTA.

Dreary, best of luck…I am slightly intrigued by your strategy…you prepared well last time, yet are more relaxed in your approach this time…what did you take away from the last exam that will make a difference this time?..any tips or hints?

Wow… I actually just started, 40 minutes ago! Started with quants…had no trouble recalling covariance and sample correlation stuff…answered first 5 problems at end of chapter with no trouble…surprised me! predition, I never meant to wait till this time, it’s just I was too busy with other (more important) stuff…Again, I think I would have done much better if I just stuck to the big picture, which you can find by doing EOC problems. GLTA.