Are old mock exams for level 1 sufficient?

I am a CFA Level 1 retaker. I didn’t take any mock exams during my first attempt nor do many practice questions. I have Schweser mock exams from 2010, 2011 and 2012. I also plan to take the official mock exam from CFAI when it gets released. Will these be sufficient?

I assume you’re asking if they’ll be sufficient in addition to re-reading the curriculum and doing all the practice questions in the curriculum. If so, then yes that should be sufficient if you were band 7 or higher. If you were band 6 or lower, you really should reconsider your participation in the program.

BTW, if you are retaking L1, you are not a L2 candidate.

^ +1

Good catch!

Why do you identify yourself as a L2 candidate?

that aside, i think they certainly help but it’s hard to say if they are sufficient because i don’t know how bad you did on your first attempt. if you had absolutely no clue, then i strongly advise you to do all the readings again, but if you failed at band 9/10, then i suppose just doing the mocks and practice questions and re-reading sections you struggled on may work?

This is a bunch of BS. I’m sick and tired of self-righteous charterholders telling people that they shouldn’t be taking the test. We need motivation and support, not negativity and hatred.

Higgmond should kill himself. Or at least chop his nuts off with a rusty hacksaw.

He is saving him hours of sacrifice. Some people just don’t have it in them. I wish Joe Montana told my younger self to just quit.

^There you Charterholders go again. Pretending like you actually know stuff.

Hey, FT - quit trolling the threads and go back to Charterholder-type stuff. Meanie.

Greenman has joined the dark side, all hope is lost.

I don’t like the new, humble Greenman. I preferred the bad a$$ version.

Thanks Greenie, I needed a good chuckle this morning.

No, there is another. (It’s NANA).

Hahaha, to some, i AM the queen of dark side… muhahahahaa

“Nerd alert”

The reference was actually of Yoda speaking to Obi Won Kenobi. Luke has just left to save his friends from Darth Vader. Kenobi says: “There goes our last hope.” because Luke may very well turned to the dark side by Vader. Yoda replies: “No, there is another.”

Yoda is referring to Leia, as in: there is another person on the light side of the force to hope for. You, NANA, are often very optimistic on this forum, hence a beacon for the light side.

I’m glad somebody else said it. I don’t want to feel like the only geek on AF.

It always bothered me that Luke was “hidden” on Anakin’s home planet and with the same last name, while Leia gets hidden in a far off kingdom with no connection at all to Anakin, not to mention the fact that she was made a princess while he had to live is shithole in the sand shooting wombats.

^Womprats. Not marsupials.

And I think the theory was–Darth Vader, having such loathing for Tatooine, would never return. And being in such a remote place, nobody would ever discover him.

I’m glad he wasn’t shooting wombats, they’re kind of cute. Although it did work, that’s a crappy theory if you’re the one stuck in the sand farming moisture.

What the hell would a wombat be doing on a dirt farm? They’re jungle creatures.

They are adaptable in habitat tolerance.