Are problems on CFA curriculum books useful?

Hello, I am preparing for the December Level I exam. I am still working on problems on CFA curriculm books. But I find they are difficult. Does anyone have some idea about how useful those problems are? Please give some input, there are only 10 days left.

Personally, I don’t think they reflect accurately the type of questions asked on the test. I will be taking the Level I test for the first time as well, but if you have other sources of questions, I would use those. I use Schweser and also rely on the practice tests from the CFA Institute.

Thanks a lot, bigfin. I will switch to online sample exams and Schweser.

do the shweser practice exams provide worked solutions that can be reviewed?

No. Only answers. No explanations. If you want some brief explanations to practice exam questions, get the practice exams from the CFA Institute. They also provide the EXACT page number in the CFA text for where the answer came from. Very helpful.

stu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do the shweser practice exams provide worked > solutions that can be reviewed? If you have access to Schweser online you can get the explinations there.

Maybe this is just me, but I would assume that the questions asked from the CFAI curriculum books should be helpful. Lets say that you have a teacher who is going to test you on three chapter of a finance book sometime next week…and your teacher also happened to write the book…then I’d say that it would be a fair assumption to say that the question at the end of each chapter would be helpful in preparation for the test.