Are there anybody that still have all 401k in stock market

To ride out this down turn?

I’m 24 I have 40+ years to ride this out. If you are still in stocks at this point why pull out now? You already took a hell of a hit so just ride it out.

I’m with USFbulls… reallocated out of bond fund today.

I am down more than 35%(including today). I am sticking with my allocation.

USFbulls Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m 24 I have 40+ years to ride this out. If you > are still in stocks at this point why pull out > now? You already took a hell of a hit so just > ride it out. Lets say you get in at 1000, goes to 500, then up to 1200 over 20 year. Yeah u made 20%. BUT OVER 20 YEARS!! To not a hedge a bit with some puts is INSANE

I’m switching from massively long, to massively short. I’ll be RICH! I see a downtrend developing.

All I know is my friend went ultra long 2 days ago saying it’s going to recover. Now down 25%…

My dear friends, please do not hate me or reject me or just use abusive language. Please please do not discard me or trivialize me or neutralize me. Please do not abandon me. But last night… Well last night I did the unfathomable. One of my 401Ks from a previous employer is now in cash. I am keeping my existing employer’s 401K in a target fund. I am keeping my play money as is.

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > USFbulls Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m 24 I have 40+ years to ride this out. If > you > > are still in stocks at this point why pull out > > now? You already took a hell of a hit so just > > ride it out. > > > Lets say you get in at 1000, goes to 500, then up > to 1200 over 20 year. Yeah u made 20%. BUT OVER 20 > YEARS!! > > To not a hedge a bit with some puts is INSANE There are several problems with this post. First, we’re talking about 401k’s, so puts are not an option. Generally your only option will be going to bonds or cash. Second, where we started is irrelevant. The question is, since we’re now at 500 (in your example), what should we do?

Still in 100% stocks, but every 2 weeks my account goes up 10% when my contribution hits. So I don’t feel so bad about losing money when I’m buying so much on the way down.

Buy all the way to zero

Sounds like some behavioral finance discussion is warranted.

I have 65% in stocks and I have decided to increase it slowly. I bumped up today by additional 2.5%. Will keep doing till I hit 100%. Do or die!!

90% equity / 10% bonds I switched back to the stock market on Monday night, hit the books on Tuesday’s close. I think some blood might be still on the short term, but like the posts above, I am for long term and the mkts are oversold.

My first ever 401(k) deposit goes in next week. I’ve always sucked at timing the markets but it looks like being born in 85 has its advantages.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My first ever 401(k) deposit goes in next week. > I’ve always sucked at timing the markets but it > looks like being born in 85 has its advantages. Good for you–perfect timing! The sooner the better…

Some 401k offer brokerage link. If they don’t you can buy puts with a regular account so one goes up while the other goes down. Where you started is important. Because yesterday and the day before you had the same decision… Each day you kept on losing… Vegas would of been better… NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PtrainerNY Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > USFbulls Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I’m 24 I have 40+ years to ride this out. If > > you > > > are still in stocks at this point why pull > out > > > now? You already took a hell of a hit so > just > > > ride it out. > > > > > > Lets say you get in at 1000, goes to 500, then > up > > to 1200 over 20 year. Yeah u made 20%. BUT OVER > 20 > > YEARS!! > > > > To not a hedge a bit with some puts is INSANE > > There are several problems with this post. First, > we’re talking about 401k’s, so puts are not an > option. Generally your only option will be going > to bonds or cash. Second, where we started is > irrelevant. The question is, since we’re now at > 500 (in your example), what should we do?

I’ve been in 100% cash since the start of the summer. I am lucky. I will be starting to deploy cash to stocks soon.

S&P down 4% already… Good thing you still in it… So if it rally 4% between now and tom close… You are even with yesterday… LOL

The great Ron Popeil once said “Set it, and forget it!”. Take his advice with your 401k.