Are these results worth a retabulation??

Check out my results…trying to figure out why I failed. Do you think my results are worth a retabulation?? Thanks!!! Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Those are the best results I have seen without a pass, however I think a retab is worthless.

They do look good, but I’ll say that while you did pass the 2 largest sections, you passed only 1 of the 4 second largest sections and then failed 2 of the 4 smaller sections. Its definitely very close but Id say if you had passed one more of the 36 sections, say ethics, it would’ve been a pass.

Do you think the CFAI would admit to a mistake? That is probably why they created the band thing, so all the 10 band people will go for the retabulation and CFAI can get another $100.

Guys, I didn’t pass too this time do you think its worth applying for retabulation? Any advise is very much appreciated. Also I was in Band 10 too Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

Last year I did go for a retab. At the end if only $100 gives you peace of mind, then it’s worth it. But someone said once on this forum (might have been JDV) that they never overturned a result. I actually believe this. First, it’s hard for the computer to mess up while correcting a scantron, 2nd, even if there was a mistake, I don’t believe they would do anything about it. That would just open Pandora’s box and thousands of people would go for retabs. My 2 cents…

I heard from a former CFA exam grader who was teaching a class that it was a total waste of cash and that they will never overturn their earlier results. That said, if you have $$$ to burn, i guess it couldn’t hurt.

band level 10, i sent in my $100 for the retab, i reckon they could of passed me with those results if they wanted to, pain. Alternative Investments 18 - *- - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - *- - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - *- - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - -* - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

Come on people, plz be realistic. I know your pain, i paid $100 last yr. But you can’t say you deserve a pass when you score less than 71% in half or more of the sections. You just can’t, I’m sorry.