Ok, I know this is a really stupid question, but are you allowed to chew gum during the exam?
The following items must be kept on your desk:
- Exam admission ticket
- Valid international travel passport
- Approved calculators
- Approved writing instruments (pencils for Levels I and II, pens and pencils for Level III)
The following items may be kept on your desk, if needed:
- Pencil sharpeners (no knives)
- Erasers, with no paper holder or cover
- Loose calculator batteries (no packaging) and screwdriver for battery replacement
- Calculator cases and keystroke cards
- Eyeglasses, but not the eyeglasses case
- Wristwatches (analog and digital); however, audible alarms and/or timers must be turned off
The following items are permitted in the testing room but must remain in your pockets or under your chair when not in use:
- Wallet (money purse)
- Medicine, tissues, and other necessary medical or personal items
- Gum, hard candy, cough drops
- Eyeglasses case
The following items are not permitted in the testing room:
- Food or drinks
- Baggage of any kind, including transparent bags, backpacks, handbags, tote bags, briefcases, luggage, carrying cases, passport covers, or pencil cases
- Study materials, including notes, papers, textbooks, or study guides
- Scratch paper, present/future value tables, or calculator manuals
- Highlighters, correction fluid, correction tape, or rulers
- Knives of any type, including box cutters and knives used as pencil sharpeners
- Mobile phones, MP3 players, cameras, pagers, headsets, computers, electronic organizers, personal data assistants, or any other remote communication or photographic devices
- Any type of desk clock or timer
So you’re only allowed to chew the gum under your chair?!? That’s disgusting!
So that means it’s permitted, right?
or your “?um” is allowed to “chew gum”.
furthermore there was no “statement” saying “chewing” was allowed.
The way I interpret that statement, it means it’s permitted but must remain in your pocket when not in use. Chewing means it is in use.
not sure if the proctors will ask to throw the wrapper on the gum, just like they enforce the removal of the paper wrappers on erasers… do you really need to take the chance?
I always take candies with me. but not during the exam. where do you leave the gum afterwards? stick it under your chair or table?
Did you chew gum for I and II? Doubtful.
I love how they allow a screwdriver on your desk for battery replacement HAHAHAHA. I’m going to bring one just so I can change out my battery and create a distraction in the middle of the test MUAHAHAHA >:D
you can only chew gum if you use pencil
haha, that’s pretty good
I’m more interested in knowing if I can eat cholocate during the exam…
No correction tape or fluid?? What if you make a mistake using pen in the essay part?