Are You Kidding Me Schweser

If it isn’t painfully obvious yet, Schweser’s exam questions are exponentially more difficult than what you encounter in the EOC review. Just had to vent. I feel somewhat cheated by how easy the schweser books are relative to the “real thing”.

Are you referring to Schweser book 6 or 7. I didn’t find the difficulty level diverge too much. I got similar scores on both.

Not sure I follow. Are you griping that the Schweser books are HARDER than the real thing, or easier? If they are easier, then that is a serious reason to gripe, because they are not preparing you well. If they are harder, well, I’ll take that any day.

I can do the end of chapter questions with relative ease in the schweser books. I’ve been going over my performance in book 6 and find that some of the questions are quite a bit more complex than what is offered in the EOC. I just wish that Schweser would have offered more EOC questions that are also more difficult. I think I would have been better prepared and would be able to see concepts in more “dimensions”.

I believe that the real exams (2008, 2007, 2006) are easier than schwesers. The question in schweser are not well written. Sometimes I dont know what they are asking for.

YEP Pier. I havent taken an AM for CFAI yet so I don’t know what to expect. But yes, often Schweser does a terrible job wording their questions. I have found mistakes that are not in their errata either.

I’ve abandoned Schweser for the multiple choice questions and practice tests and just am using them for the essay precisely for this reason.

One thing that I noticed was that on the exam they go out of their way to be clear whereas in Schweiser they go out of their way to be vague - to the point that it is unproductive.

I def. agree. Half the time when I get a schweser question wrong its because I couldn’t figure out what the F%ck they were asking me. I had the same issue with Schweser in LI and II. In both actual CFA exams, I don’t believe I was ever in doubt as to exactly what the question was asking me.

pierovic18 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I believe that the real exams (2008, 2007, 2006) > are easier than schwesers. The question in > schweser are not well written. Sometimes I dont > know what they are asking for. Yes I usually find the CFAI is easier than Schweser but I guess they want you to be prepared for anything

“The question in schweser are not well written. Sometimes I dont know what they are asking for.” Through the years, if Ive learned one thing besides how to compute WACC, its that Schweser consistently does an absolutely terrible job of wording questions.,

i am glad it is not because of my english. I recommend to practice with the mock exams from 2000 to 2008. Analyze every single question deeply, what CFA expects as an answer. I am using schweser really quick: i just read the question, answer it in my mind and then I check the answer.

Yeah I need to switch things up here, like someone else said, use Schweser for AM (concise response to questions) and CFAI for PM.

pierovic18 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I recommend to practice with the mock exams from > 2000 to 2008. Where to find theses 2000 to 2008 moch exams? MH

mhannebert Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where to find theses 2000 to 2008 moch exams? > > MH http://www.aimrcfa.com/samplequestions

Got to be honest, when I was taking CFA 3 I found that teh Schweser AM was WORSE than the PM precisely because of the inherent vagueness of Schweser coupled with the ambiguity of the format. Also, the way they answer questions sometimes does not jive with how CFAI expects the answer in the AM (if you check the CFAI AM guided answers). I used Schweser solely for PM because at least the problem was only in how they asked the question, not also in how they gave the answer.

“Jibe”, not “jive”.

to what are you referring to, willis?