Arizona Immigration Law

Well, Arizona probably just passed South Carolina as the most stupid state in the nation. Between massive demonstrations, lawsuits, and boycotts I hope Arizonans are happy with the tax increases. Oh, and by the way, I thought you Tea Party types were against intrusive government? Only when it intrudes on white people I guess.

I think the law is stupid but agree with the majority of tea party principals. Failing to see the connection here.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, Arizona probably just passed South Carolina > as the most stupid state in the nation. Between > massive demonstrations, lawsuits, and boycotts I > hope Arizonans are happy with the tax increases. > Oh, and by the way, I thought you Tea Party types > were against intrusive government? Only when it > intrudes on white people I guess. I would guess that they have a strong principle against illegal immigration, which they consider to be a criticial, strong governmental-intervention supported issue?

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, Arizona probably just passed South Carolina > as the most stupid state in the nation. Between > massive demonstrations, lawsuits, and boycotts I > hope Arizonans are happy with the tax increases. > Oh, and by the way, I thought you Tea Party types > were against intrusive government? Only when it > intrudes on white people I guess. I agree, totally unconstitutional. Its pretty obvious they will be pulling over only people who look Latino. I would compeletely avoid Arizona if I were of hispanic descent, a swarthy Italian, middle eastern etc.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Well, Arizona probably just passed South > Carolina > > as the most stupid state in the nation. Between > > massive demonstrations, lawsuits, and boycotts > I > > hope Arizonans are happy with the tax > increases. > > Oh, and by the way, I thought you Tea Party > types > > were against intrusive government? Only when it > > intrudes on white people I guess. > > > I agree, totally unconstitutional. Its pretty > obvious they will be pulling over only people who > look Latino. I would compeletely avoid Arizona if > I were of hispanic descent, a swarthy Italian, > middle eastern etc. the law simply makes it easier for police to detain illegals - they aren’t going to go on a massive “let’s ID everyone with a skin-tone between beige and brown” campaign. at what point was it against the constitution to arrest people for breaking the law?

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > JOE2010 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Well, Arizona probably just passed South > > Carolina > > > as the most stupid state in the nation. > Between > > > massive demonstrations, lawsuits, and > boycotts > > I > > > hope Arizonans are happy with the tax > > increases. > > > Oh, and by the way, I thought you Tea Party > > types > > > were against intrusive government? Only when > it > > > intrudes on white people I guess. > > > > > > I agree, totally unconstitutional. Its pretty > > obvious they will be pulling over only people > who > > look Latino. I would compeletely avoid Arizona > if > > I were of hispanic descent, a swarthy Italian, > > middle eastern etc. > > > the law simply makes it easier for police to > detain illegals - they aren’t going to go on a > massive “let’s ID everyone with a skin-tone > between beige and brown” campaign. > > at what point was it against the constitution to > arrest people for breaking the law? You’re probably the type of person who says really stupid things like “If you’re innocent you’ve got nothing to fear”.

Ok where do I start on this? First, please go read the bill it is only 16 pages and you could probably finish it while taking a dump. There are two things this bill changes. 1)It allows the local and state law enforcement to enforce an already federal law! That’s right it is a federal law to be in this country illegally, hence the name illegal immigrants. I don’t understand how people are supporting others breaking the law! BO and the federal govt have failed to enforce the law. So, the people of AZ got tired of waiting for them to act and did something about it. 2)It makes it illegal to hire illegal immigrants or impede traffic to pick up day labors. Illegal immigration is a big problem in this country. There are an estimated 10mill plus illegal immigrants in our country. These are people whom you and I are paying for their kids to go to school and for them to have babies. While they don’t pay taxes for the services that are provided to them. They are living of the fat of the land. You don’t see a problem with that? I live in AZ and see first hand the results of human trafficking and drug smuggling. Every night almost you here a story on the news about a drop house for human traffickers that was found. People trying to come to America pay b/w 5 and 7k to get across the border. Once here they are held in these house and beaten, raped, and killed if they don’t give the traffickers more money. I do believe that the immigration laws in this country need to be reformed hopefully this will push BO and the federal govt to do something about it.

“Illegal immigration is a big problem in this country. There are an estimated 10mill plus illegal immigrants in our country. These are people whom you and I are paying for their kids to go to school and for them to have babies. While they don’t pay taxes for the services that are provided to them.” This is my main issue, I don’t care that they’re here. I care that they’re here illegally, leaching on the services provided by our country. If you want to be here, do it legally, and contribute to society.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Illegal immigration is a big problem in this > country. There are an estimated 10mill plus > illegal immigrants in our country. These are > people whom you and I are paying for their kids to > go to school and for them to have babies. While > they don’t pay taxes for the services that are > provided to them.” > > This is my main issue, I don’t care that they’re > here. I care that they’re here illegally, leaching > on the services provided by our country. If you > want to be here, do it legally, and contribute to > society. +1

I haven’t noticed anyone objecting to Mexico’s immigration laws. Article 67 of Mexico’s Population Law says, “Authorities, whether federal, state or municipal … are required to demand that foreigners prove their legal presence in the country, before attending to any issues.” I also missed the mainstream media’s coverage of Amnesty International’s recent report on illegal (or “irregular”, as AI likes to call it) immigration in Mexico. Per the AI report: “Migrants in Mexico are facing a major human rights crisis leaving them with virtually no access to justice, fearing reprisals and deportation if they complain of abuses,” Rupert Knox, Mexico Researcher at Amnesty International, said. “Persistent failure by the authorities to tackle abuses carried out against irregular migrants has made their journey through Mexico one of the most dangerous in the world.” Lately, as drug violence has soared, migrants have also been increasingly the victims of kidnapping. Drawing on numbers from Mexico’s National Human Rights Commission (CNDH), Amnesty International says some 10,000 migrants were abducted over six months in 2009 – a record number. Almost half of those interviewed said that public officials were involved in their abductions."