Asking for a raise

That’s just my food expense including dates and paying for the boys occasionally

$10 for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ay, mijo!!! :worried:

Yep to be fair I am the big eater and I eat at my parents place a lot lol.

Just you? How is that even possible? I thought I ate like a king and I spend max. 200 EUR / month on food + company’s 250 EUR meal tickets.

Not that hard. It’s only like 40 dollars a day. That’s just one lb grass fed steak a day lol

Yeah, but how do you cook it?
Big Green Egg or hacksaw.

Sous vide then reverse sear. I live in an apartment so no Green egg. Would be my first purchase if I could have one

I suggest to calculate future net worth in real terms. In 20 years CPI will be between 40 and 60% higher from now.

Yep that is absolutely true. 5m 20 years from now is only prolly 2.7m today. It’s not that crazy if you think in those terms.

Exactly, so getting rich is already a difficult task. The winning formula is saving and investment, saving and investment, saving and… I said saving and investment again? Damn.

Intertemporal consumption optimization in a dynamic pace also depends on a subjective discount factor. Deferring happiness today to happiness in 20 years is an exciting mental exercise.

when my family first came to the us 20 years ago, we literally owed 50k to my aunt. 10 years ago. we had a net worth of 20k, and today my family’s net worth is close to 2m.the majority of that is because of me because i forced them all on 401ks.
anyhow personally my projected net worht 20 years from now is about 11m. that is bat ■■■■ crazy! when you keep your eyes on the prize. it motivates you to sacrifice today for the sake of tomorrow. but keep in mind money doesnt bring you happiness. they say around 75k in spending per year is when happiness flattens significantly. and id have to agree. i think the happiest day of my life was when i no longer needed my parents because i started making money. and naturally i think the next step is when i no longer need my job. Anyways here is an excerpt on wsj about buffett,:
By the time he was in his late 20s, the way Mr. Buffett thought about compounding was like a reflex. When he paid $31,500 for his house in Omaha, he called it “Buffett’s Folly,” because “in his mind $31,500 was a million dollars after compounding” into the future, Ms. Schroeder wrote.

His friends and family regularly heard the young Mr. Buffett mutter things like “Do I really want to spend $300,000 for this haircut?” or “I’m not sure I want to blow $500,000 that way” when pondering whether to spend a few bucks. To him, a few dollars spent that day were hundreds of thousands of dollars forgone in the future because they couldn’t compound.

Recognizing that every dollar you spend today is $10 or $100 or $1,000 you won’t have in the future doesn’t have to make you a miser. It teaches you to acknowledge the importance of measuring trade-offs. You should always weigh the need or desire that today’s spending fulfills against what you could accomplish with that money after letting it grow for years or decades into the future. And the more often you trade, the more likely you are to disrupt compounding and to have to start all over again.

^The problem with that line of thinking–everything, if compounded at any rate long enough, is worth a billion dollars. So taken to an extreme, you wouldn’t even eat beans and rice and live in a trailer, because those things are collectively worth billions of dollars.

That’s not to say that there is no merit to that idea. But to say “I don’t want to pay a billion dollars for a haircut” is pretty ludicrous.

This why you ain’t got billions like nerdy

I haven’t got a haircut in 3 months since the last reopening ■■■■■■■ covid. I look like a dork. Anyways I like to extrapolate 50 years cuz I’ll prolly die around that time period. So each dollar is worth 120 bucks. 30k wedding is equivalent to 3.6m. Fackkkkkk

Just wait until you and Señora Nerdyblop have niños and niñas, mijo!!! :family_man_woman_girl_boy: :revolving_hearts: :child: :baby: :boy: :girl: :man_student: :woman_student: :money_with_wings:

1 Like

Especialmente cuando no son suyos.

that is my worst fear. that or some form of disability.

Nerdy how much are you recording your positive NPV kid investments at?

i am sure they will have a de minimis net value add. 2nd generation tends to just maintain the wealth. 3rd generation are the retards.

1 Like

How do you know you aren’t the 2nd generation? For all your boasting, you’ve barely amassed any wealth.