at peace?

it’s been a month. have you all succeeded in forgotting about the test? (at least until i just brought it up again?) my boss is acting like i already passed. telling clients about it. telling everyone in the office. not sweet. and now that i am going through the membership application process, i feel like i’m already assuming i passed, although i am not. and to be honest, i felt better about this test than levels 1 or 2 as I was walking out of the test center. (I realize this could be a bad sign) how are you all feeling? there is a very good chance i failed this thing and i feel like i’m setting myself up for a not-so-great surprise in august. i should have this whole mindfking process down by now, but i can never get used to it. waahhh. i will stop whining like a 5 year old.

Dude, stop bothering, I’ve got my family to enjoy. just playing. Anyway, if you mistakenly don’t pass, you gonna have to leave your job. I suspect that the reason your boss keep telling ppl that you will pass is because you express some overconfidence sh**t. BTW, i felt the same way when I left the test center. Meaning, I felt better than L1 and 2 BUT I am king afraid lately because I made some silly mistake but I suspect that I cannot lost more than 15 questions. Althought, I did not nail the AM 100% but i felt better than I expected. THe sad think is that if I don’t pass I cannot blame my wife because she is not pregnant, I cannot blame CFAI because the exam was whitin my reach. Who knows? Anyway get the hell out of my back. I need to forget about this think until the D day. peace out!

Oh man. good to hear from you, tibwa. you’re right. it’s too early to share my paranoia. enjoy the summer, man. golf lesson in 2 hours!

I am at peace because I took a position in my group that does not require the charter (but not because of that). I have spent 4 winters / springs trying to get thru these exams and pass or fail, I think I have taken my last exam unless it is at the doctor’s office. I am older than most of you so there will be more of these in my future relatively speaking :slight_smile: 1000 hours plus is enough…keeping my fingers crossed that I can find closure but it won’t be a huge deal if I don’t pass. of course I say that now…

pingdanny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am at peace because I took a position in my > group that does not require the charter (but not > because of that). I have spent 4 winters / > springs trying to get thru these exams and pass or > fail, I think I have taken my last exam unless it > is at the doctor’s office. I am older than most > of you so there will be more of these in my future > relatively speaking :slight_smile: > > 1000 hours plus is enough…keeping my fingers > crossed that I can find closure but it won’t be a > huge deal if I don’t pass. of course I say that > now… Anyone say Sarah Palin syndrome? j/k

I finally came to peace about 2 weeks after the exam. I’m feeling probably better than I should because I spoke to two current charterholders who told me that they didn’t even finish a question or two in the morning session and they still managed to pass. I give myself slightly better than 50/50.

“I can see Russia from my house!”

pingdanny Wrote: > I think I have taken my last exam unless it > is at the doctor’s office. I am older than most > of you so there will be more of these in my future > relatively speaking :slight_smile: You might want to read this before that “doctor’s exam”: http://www.miamiherald.com/283/story/427603.html

I hope you are doing well busprof.

MWVT: Thanks for asking. Actually, we’re doing surprisingly well. That’s probably hard to understand for anyone not having gone through it, but it’s true. The hardest thing is figuring out what the “new normal” is for the family. In other words, the previous patterns are no longer valid for the most part. Unfortunately, I just reregistered for L3.

Punta Cana, Domincan Republic All-Inclusive July 25-Aug 1 baby!!!

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MWVT: > > Thanks for asking. > > Actually, we’re doing surprisingly well. That’s > probably hard to understand for anyone not having > gone through it, but it’s true. The hardest thing > is figuring out what the “new normal” is for the > family. In other words, the previous patterns are > no longer valid for the most part. Good to hear. I am sure your faith helps much. > > Unfortunately, I just reregistered for L3. I might be doing that soon too!

good to hear from you busprof and to hear you are doing well.

Good to have you back, busprof. Your story is heartbreaking and it’s encouraging to hear that your family is doing ok.

I think about it every day…didn’t have this level of anxiety for Level 1 or 2… Just want the day to come and go…

Deep down I feel like I passed, if i fail then i fail. I certainly didnt short change myself, and left everything on the table.

busprof, I was deeply saddened after reading your blog, I’m delighted to hear that you’re doing better.

Busprof, that was deep. very down to earth, I feel bad for you, but I know you don’t want any sense of sorrow because you feel better taking the harder decision… I felt ok leaving the centre. I realize I made some mistakes falling for some exam tricks. But these days I’ve never been so indifferent during the waits for L1 and 2 results as I am feeling right now for L3…

omoobagberume Wrote: > > I felt ok leaving the centre. I realize I made > some mistakes falling for some exam tricks. But > these days I’ve never been so indifferent during > the waits for L1 and 2 results as I am feeling > right now for L3… i’m the exact opposite. i’m about as far from indifferent as i can be at this point. but as the day gets closer, i feel more and more like i may have failed. this sucks.

drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Deep down I feel like I passed, if i fail then i > fail. I certainly didnt short change myself, and > left everything on the table. This is exactly how I feel. I just had a good talk with the recruiter for the Marine Officer program today. Looks like Swanny might be trading in his TI-83 for an F/A-18.