At what age do you have to retire from AF?

We’d suspect something was up, I don’t think the trustee would be able to pull off the appropriate level of immaturity, it would come across like parody

this is interesting, I’ve been a long term coveter of a IWC Portuguese but I’ve never actually had one on my wrist. I really dislike the large watch trend so prefer something that sits a bit more subtely on the wrist. I’d never really considered the Portofino before but it looks like a nice watch. The chronograph looks very similar to a Maurice Lacroix watch I almost bought one time when I was very drunk in Istanbul airport, undoubtedly with much better detailing up close.

I’m not a fan of the Omega dark side of the moon watch. Seems like a gimmick that they dreamt up to get fanboys to buy a 2nd or 3rd watch from them. Grey side looks ok though.

loving this, reminds me of the business card scene for some reason.

Yeah, a 45mm black watch is a bit too prominent for my tastes as well. It will turn you into “that guy with that watch”. The Gray one is much more balanced - you can tell something is “different”, i.e. it does not look like stainless steel or titanium, but can still pass as normal if needed. The Dark watch is a Corvette Z06, the Gray one is an Audi RS6.

Anyway, the average Omega supposedly sells for about $4k, so the company has to put in a lot of extra effort to sell a watch at this higher price point. Hence, the abundance of minute details. They used a laser to engrave the names of all the major parts of the movement in the back (this might be a bit too much), and they applied lume to the little Omega symbol of the crown. The chronograph buttons, crown, and buckle are all ceramic, as well. It’s like when you paint a picture, and can’t decide when to stop, so you keep painting new things. Obsessive watch people are all over this sort of thing.

did BS retire?