Atlanta

Anyone in Atlanta right now? It’s flooding everywhere in the city. I’ve never seen this much rain before.

I remember like a year ago when there was a drought down there and lake Lanier was dired up.

Yeah, I am on the 14th floor of the Old Bell South building and it’s nuts! I live in Ansley Park and was woken up to the *loudest* thunder I have ever heard in my entire life and lightening that I am fairly sure was hitting my house. I swear I could hear the electricity running through the outlets. This is insane, well, it looks like its time to fire the boat up on Lake Lanier, the lake levels will be perfect now. I rode my motorcycle to work too…

Lanier had better be full by now. Apparently we’re supposed to get another 3"-5" tonight.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, I am on the 14th floor of the Old Bell South > building and it’s nuts! I live in Ansley Park and > was woken up to the *loudest* thunder I have ever > heard in my entire life and lightening that I am > fairly sure was hitting my house. > > I swear I could hear the electricity running > through the outlets. This is insane, well, it > looks like its time to fire the boat up on Lake > Lanier, the lake levels will be perfect now. > > I rode my motorcycle to work too… Motorcycle?? Wow, I hope you have a blanket and pillow at work.

Yeah, I was trying to get up to Burton a few weeks ago but studying killed that. I was also planning on riding up to the Petite Le Mans in Braselton this weekend but it looks like rain through next Monday, I literally have not seen sun in 10 days.

Lol, yeah. Well thankfully my commute is 1.43 miles so I dont get too wet. I still plan on riding my bicycle to the gym though ha ha ha

I work in Alpharetta and live in Brookhaven. I’m contemplating leaving the office early today.

The fog has descended below the 14th floor, I cannot see the street and I can faintly make out the lights of the GT Football Stadium… It really feels like the world is ending.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I work in Alpharetta and live in Brookhaven. I’m > contemplating leaving the office early today. My boss lives in Brookhaven and just left because his basement has a foot of water in it.

Who wants to become a founding father of the Analyst Forum Urban Kayaking club?

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cjones65 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I work in Alpharetta and live in Brookhaven. > I’m > > contemplating leaving the office early today. > > My boss lives in Brookhaven and just left because > his basement has a foot of water in it. Aw son of a!

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who wants to become a founding father of the > Analyst Forum Urban Kayaking club? As long as we can grab $1 pints at the Park Tavern @ Piedmont afterward

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nuppal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Who wants to become a founding father of the > > Analyst Forum Urban Kayaking club? > > As long as we can grab $1 pints at the Park Tavern > @ Piedmont afterward Im sure the little pond in the park is over flowing. The basin at the bottom of 10th must be a mess too. I say we get an outdoor table while we are there…why not!?

Chuck, do you know where you boss’ house is? I could imagine that little hole down near the intersection of Club Drive and West Brookhaven must be getting a lot of water right now. F it. I’m heading home now to survey the damage. This is driving me crazy. The country club is closed on Mondays so I can’t just call up and ask someone. My neighbors that I know work. I checked my pump last night, and it was functioning properly. Wish me luck.

Chuckrox8, I hope you have a big fairing on that bike. What kind is it?

It’s an SV650/s with the bikini fairing up top…I dont get above 35 on the ride home though so it makes no difference… @Cjones, which country club(s) do you belong to?

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chuck, do you know where you boss’ house is? I > could imagine that little hole down near the > intersection of Club Drive and West Brookhaven > must be getting a lot of water right now. > > > F it. I’m heading home now to survey the damage. > This is driving me crazy. The country club is > closed on Mondays so I can’t just call up and ask > someone. My neighbors that I know work. I checked > my pump last night, and it was functioning > properly. Wish me luck. I think he is off of Dresden. Yeah that low area right by CCCC on Club Dr has got to be a lake by now.

Update: The creek that runs along the driving range and cuts hole 1 at Ansley Golf Club must have been at least at bridge level last night, there is a veritable shit ton of debris on there.

i like the rain:)