Atlas Shrugged

Any of you capitalist pigs going to see this movie over the weekend?

Does Natalie Portman star there?

Though I would like to think this would be good there is no way it can touch the book in a 2-3 hour movie (even if it is three parts). I might go see it during a matinee.

http://blogs.wsj.com/ideas-market/2011/04/06/atlas-shrugged-and-so-did-i/

bchadwick shrugged.

I didn’t even know they made a movie. I just looked it up, what a bunch of hacks in the cast. I guess the Hollywood elite is too liberal to participate in such a movie.

I didn’t know a movie was coming out. I am 1/2 way through reading this right now. How timely.

I want to see it, but I haven’t even read the book yet thanks to the CFA.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I want to see it, but I haven’t even read the book > yet thanks to the CFA. Yes, blame the CFA because you haven’t read a book that has been out for over 50 years

I saw a woman on the subway reading Atlas Shrugged this morning. Now I know why. If you’re a guy, it’s good to keep an eye out for women reading Ayn Rand. If they’ve bothered to read it to the end, it means they’ve accepted the philosophy of “if you feel like doing it, go for it, don’t worry about what others think.” That can work in your favor… assuming you’re straight. But for this to work, you have to see how far they are into the book. If they’re toward the middle or end, then they haven’t given up, and you should definitely introduce yourself.

What do you call it when Atlas hasn’t had his fiber - Atlas Plugged. (it’s Friday, all I got)

dieselbp67 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFABLACKBELT Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I want to see it, but I haven’t even read the > book > > yet thanks to the CFA. > > Yes, blame the CFA because you haven’t read a book > that has been out for over 50 years Age of book - his current age - college reading level years - CFA study time = probably not much time to read a 1000 page book.

> Yes, blame the CFA because you haven’t read a book that has been out for over 50 years Don’t be so quick to let them off the hook. Let’s examine the facts… The early years: round one to securities analysis: 1925: Investment Analysts Society of Chicago founded 1937: NYSSA founded 1942: Benjamin Graham proposes CFA program But: Ayn punches back: 1943: The Fountainhead published 1957: Atlas Shrugged published As clear a riposte as you will find: 1959: Institute of CFA formed for purpose of providing the CFA certification 1963: first CFA charter awarded Frankly I don’t understand her next move: 1964: Rand backs Barry Goldwater’s presidential campaign Anyway…all the back-and-forth between Rand and stricter securities analysis standards may speak to a deeper tension between the two? If you google [“atlas shrugged” cfa], you get over 73,000 hits, including: The CFA Society of Iowa recently hosted a “homily to Atlas Shrugged” (http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs019/1104305296848/archive/1104651166987.html) …and, bringing it back to CFABlackBelt… king_kong reads AS as a _break from_ (not _instead of_) CFA studying: (http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1020710)

Actually it’s worse–or more evident-- than I originally thought. Let’s revisit the early history again: 1905: Rand born 1925: Investment Analysts Society of Chicago founded AND Rand receives permission to leave Russia 1926: Rand arrives New York City 1934: Graham publishes Securities Analysis 1935: Rand begins writing The Fountainhead 1937: NYSSA founded AND Rand publishes Anthem 1942: Benjamin Graham proposes CFA program 1943: The Fountainhead published 1949: The Intelligent Investor published 1951: Rand devotes herself full time to Atlas Shrugged I mean, it’s pretty much as clear as the nose on your face, no?

I saw the movie and thought it exceeded my expectations although they were low to begin with. The movie is set in the near future, which was a good twist. Not sure how well people will get it if they haven’t read the book…there were a lot of shortcuts taken, which is expected considering the book’s over 1,000 pages.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you’re a guy, it’s good to keep an eye out for > women reading Ayn Rand. If they’ve bothered to > read it to the end, it means they’ve accepted the > philosophy of “if you feel like doing it, go for > it, don’t worry about what others think.” That > can work in your favor… assuming you’re straight. I KNEW YOU WERE HUMAN, BCHAD!!!

i wonder if trump will be president in part two